The Institute will:
- Offer a range of relevant and flexible learning opportunities within a professional and supportive learning environment, which are career focused.
- Provide increased lifelong learning opportunities commensurate with the career requirements of those living in the region and with the developmental needs of business and industry.
- Promote equality of access and opportunity to widen participation and facilitate all learners in achieving their potential.
- Serve as a leader and centre for the advancement of research, commercial innovation and enterprise development within the region.
- Implement civic engagement initiatives to maximise participation of, and increase opportunities for, all citizens in the development of the region.
- Cultivate a range of international activities and partnerships to advance the core activities and role of the Institute.
Click on the image to read full 2016/17 Prospectus
ITT Dublin’s Values
ITT Dublin will ASPIRE to provide the best higher education institution it can through fostering and encouraging a core set of values across all the activities of the Institute.
Teaching and Learning at ITT Dublin
ITT Dublin offers a broad range of both full-time and part-time Undergraduate Programmes and a number of taught Post Graduate Programmes that are recognised internationally. The Institute prides itself on its commitment to teaching and learning and provides students with opportunities for flexible learning, distance learning, customised on site work based learning and international partnerships. Students are nurtured in a supportive environment that boasts excellent information services, access and career advice, targeted academic supports, health centre, provision for those with disabilities and active clubs and societies.
Enterprise & Innovation at ITT Dublin
Synergy Centre at ITT Dublin is the innovation centre of South Dublin County. With a focus on the high-tech and knowledge intensive sectors, our aim is to enable industry and academia to interact to create viable enterprises for South Dublin County that will secure the area’s future in terms of job creation, innovation and export potential.
Research at ITT Dublin
Research has flourished at ITT Dublin reflecting the high priority attached to it by the Institute. The Institute hosts seven research centres and strategic partnerships with other higher education institutions have been established. The Institute has had tremendous success in winning research funding from national and industry research funding programmes. Research areas include:
- Microbial host interactions, biofilm formation, and the molecular characterisation of infection processes
- Pharmaceutical research and development, including drug discovery, molecular characterisation, toxicity evaluation, and process analytical technology
- Microsensors for clinical research and analysis, including biomedical sensor devices based on electrochemical and other methods of detection
- Computing, including ontologies to model orthogonal aspects of eLearning and enterprise software technologies research
- Biomedical engineering focused on orthopaedics, biomechanics, design, FEA and CFD analysis, and rapid prototyping
- Franco-Irish studies examining the historical, literary, spiritual, cultural and other links between France and Ireland.