Are you a student interested in Science and Maths or passionate about pursuing a career in Engineering?
The Engineering Your Future Transition Year programme is NOW OPEN for applications.
Engineering Your Future is a week-long, hands-on programme for Transition Year students who have an interest in science and maths. It is designed to introduce them to the exciting and diverse world of engineering.
The programme will run in April/May 2015.
Hosted by a number of colleges around the country, the Engineering Your Future programme provides a week of exposure to the various engineering disciplines.
Attending students gain a meaningful, practical insight into engineering at third level and as a career - interacting with lecturers and graduates, taking part in workshops and meeting engineers during industry visits.
The programme, supported by Engineers Ireland STEPS and hosted by a number of third-level institutes throughout Ireland, offers Transition Year students the opportunity to:
- Gain a better understanding of the skills required of engineers and the career opportunities available to qualified engineers.
- Learn about the disciplines and technologies making up the exciting world of engineering.
- Meet engineers at various stages in their careers and hear about their experiences.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the diversity of engineering at third level and its subject content.
- Experience what engineers do on a daily basis through industry visits.
The colleges taking part in 2015 include: CIT, DIT, IT Carlow, IT Tallaght, UCD, and Waterford IT.
For more information and to apply click here.
View a full profile of STEPS on CareersPortal.
The CareersPortal Team