Only two companies made jobs announcements this week however, Intel are NOW recruiting and JobsIreland have added over 2,000 new positions. Click on the links below for full details.
- INTEL Ireland Fab 24 NOW Recruiting - Intel Ireland are currently looking for a large number of Level 6 and Level 7 Engineering graduates for its Fab 24 facility in Leixlip, Co. Kildare.
- You can also explore the full list of current job vacancies on the government’s job portal JobsIreland. There have been over 16,000 jobs advertised since the start of the year.
Are you a Jobseeker?
Explore lots of valuable information HERE to help you with your search.
2,168 New positions advertised this week (2 March - 8 March)
19, 629 New positions advertised since the start of 2015
- 1.93m people currently at work (Q3 2014)
- 1.5% increase in employment over last 12 months (Q3 2014)
- 10.1% is the current unemployment rate (Jan 2015) down from 15.1% (Feb 2012)
- 5.7% is the long term unemployment rate (Q3 2014), down from 8.1% (Q2 2013)
- 213,600 people unemployed (Q4 2014), down from 300,700 (Q2 2013)
- Janssen Mechanical Engineering Scholarship at CIT - The School of Mechanical, Electrical & Process Engineering at CIT is delighted to announce the inaugural CIT-Janssen Scholarship. Application for this scholarship is now open to any student who has applied through the CAO to study the CIT Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Mechanical Engineering (CR108).
National Career Skills Competition
Want to win a MacBook Air?
- CAO 1st Preference data released - The Central Applications Office (CAO) has released 2015 application data up to the Change of Course Choices closing date of March 1st.
- New Online Resource for 2nd Level Business Students and Teachers - Minister for Education and Skills, Jan O’Sullivan TD, launched BusinessEducation.ie this week, a new online resource for teachers and students of Leaving Certificate Business and Economics. The site provides a number of learning resources for use by teachers and students in the classroom or at home.
CareersPortal Guidance Counselling Service - CareersPortal are providing a professional one-to-one guidance counselling service for students and adults who would like support in making career, educational and/or employment decisions. This service is of particular benefit to career changers, jobseekers, students and those looking to explore their career and education options.
Click here for details.
Calculate your Leaving Cert Points FREE App - It's time for Leaving Cert students to add the Leaving Cert Points Calculator App to their 2015 Exam Toolkit!
The CareersPortal Team