Dublin Bus are currently Recruiting for:
- Professional Bus Drivers
- Vehicle Body Repairers
Professional Bus Drivers
We are currently recruiting professional bus drivers to join us in delivering a quality customer service. We are looking for people who will operate our buses safely and efficiently and who will make every effort to ensure our customers have a positive experience of Dublin Bus.
- Hold a valid full category ‘D’ driver’s licence with no endorsements
- Hold a valid CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence, Category D)
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Be fluent in understanding, speaking and writing in the English language
- Pass Garda vetting process
- Pass preliminary driving skills test
- Pass pre-employment medical examination
You will be employed to operate scheduled services covering late shifts on a 4-day week from Thursday to Monday with the opportunity to progress to a 5-day week with rotating shifts.
Salaries begin at €565.95 per week (4-day week inclusive of shift), increasing to €769.74 (5-day week inclusive of shift).
We will provide initial training and mentoring as well as on-going training and development (including periodic CPC).
On your appointment (following probationary period of 12 months) we will offer you a wide range of benefits including either a company pension scheme or a PRSA pension scheme, a subsidised medical scheme, free bus travel and concessionary rail travel.
Please follow these 3 steps to apply;
1. Right click application form and save the form to your desktop
2. Ensure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader to fill out the form; download here
3. Submit your completed application form using the submit button at the end of the form or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information needed to complete the application form;
- Your PPS number
- Dates of any driving licence endorsements
- Dates of any offences
- Dates of any driving licence disqualifications
- Dates and details of previous work history
- Names, address and phone numbers for two references
- Dates of CPC and any other training/qualifications.
It is important that you complete all sections on the application form. Make sure that the information you give is correct and that you provide details in the sections marked “If ‘yes’ please provide details."
Please note Drivers who applied in the last process cannot reapply at this stage (a 12 month waiting period will apply) and hand-written applications will not be accepted.
Dublin Bus is an equal opportunities employer.
Full advertisment from Dublin Bus available here
Vehicle Body Repairers
We are currently recruiting for Vehicle Body Repairers to join our Engineering team on a 12 month contract.
The rate of pay starts at €620.34 per week (this may be increased based on experience).
Applicants must have either
• National Craft Certificate for the trade of Vehicle Body Repairer awarded by FAS/Department of Education following the successful completion of a recognised FAS apprenticeship
• Advanced Certificate – Craft awarded by FETAC following the successful completion of a recognised FAS apprenticeship
The following is desirable
• Experience on heavy duty vehicles
• Current driving licence
• City & Guilds qualifications
Applicants will be shortlisted for interview on the basis of information supplied on their CVs.
Applications can be made by submitting your CV, a cover letter and a copy of your National Craft Certificate by email to email@example.com please put Vehicle Body Repairer in subject matter or post to Human Resources Department, Dublin Bus, 59 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin 1.
Full advertisment available here
The CareersPortal Team