Applications are NOW OPEN for Intel's Women in Technology Programme at both their Shannon and Leixlip operations.
Intel’s success in Ireland has been built on the quality of highly skilled and educated people available in the country. Intel works closely with local schools and colleges to help ensure that the educational system continues to produce the exceptional quality of graduates that has helped to make Intel in Ireland so successful.
Intel Shannon Women in Technology:
The scholarship programme hopes to increase awareness and encourage a new generation of high-achieving women to take up the challenge of a career in technology.
- Scholarships for female school leavers, valued at €3,000 each per annum, entering specified four year undergraduate degree courses.
- Scholarships for female students already placed in the first two years of relevant university degree courses, valued at €3,000 per annum, for remainder of their undergraduate courses.
The scholarship program includes opportunities for co-op placements and/or summer internships in the Intel Shannon workplace. To assist with career progression and further education; each scholar will be assigned a mentor from the Intel staff who can assist and provide advice on managing their academic career.
Criteria to apply:
- Female students in Leaving Certificate Year on or before June of the current academic year.
- Candidates must apply for, secure and accept a CAO offer in a relevant degree course in an Irish University or Institute of Technology. A list of relevant Computer Science/Technology/Engineering courses is included with the scholarship application form.
- Written proof of registration in the 3rd level institute must be supplied.
- Recipients must be willing to undertake their co-op placement or internship in Intel Shannon, where applicable.
- Selection will be by application form and interview of candidates.
For a list of applicable courses and institutions click here.
If you satisfy the above criteria and enjoy working with technology, you can APPLY HERE.
Maintenance of Scholarships
In order for recipients to continue in the programme, they must achieve a minimum grade level ( 75% in UL = 2H1 in NUI’s /IT’s).
For full details of Intel's Shannon Scholarship click here.
Intel Women in Technology Scholarship Program - Leixlip
Scholarships are open to female school leavers entering specified four year undergraduate degree courses in science, technology and engineering (full selection criteria is included below) and each scholarship award includes the following:
- Monetary grant valued at €2000 for each student per annum.
- Scholars will complete intern placements or summer internships at the Intel Leixlip campus.
- To assist with career progression and further education, each scholar will be assigned an Intel mentor who can assist and provide advice on managing their academic career.
Criteria for Selection:
- The program is open to female school leavers entering approved undergraduate degrees
- Candidates must secure a minimum of 400 points in their Leaving Certificate
- Written proof of registration in a relevant 3rd level institute must be supplied
- Recipients must be willing to undertake their co-op placement or internship in Intel Leixlip, where applicable
- Students will be required to provide by post a copy of their Junior and Leaving Certificate results
For more information including a full list of applicable courses and institutions click here.
Maintenance of Scholarships
In order for recipients to continue in the programme, they must achieve a 2H1 minimum overall in their examinations at the end of each year.
For online application form see here.
View a full profile of Intel on CareersPortal.
The CareersPortal Team