This week saw several jobs announcements nationwide with some companies NOW recruiting! Applications are also open for a number of areas within The Defence Forces. Click on the links below for full details.
Now Recruiting ...
- 100 New Tech Jobs for Limerick with DELL - Dell has announced that it is creating 100 new Innovation Technology R&D roles at its Limerick Campus. Recruitment for the new jobs, which are primarily highly skilled engineering roles, will commence straight away.
Jobs Coming on Stream ...
- 200 Jobs for Dublin with Zalando - Online Fashion Company Zalando are moving to Dublin and have announced 200 jobs for their new software research and development centre.
- You can also explore the full list of current job vacancies on the government’s job portal JobsIreland. There have been over 32,000 jobs advertised since the start of the year.
- National Volunteering Week 2015 - National Volunteering Week 2015 which promotes volunteering, takes place from Monday 11th to Friday 17th May this year. There are 3,000 opportunities available for people to help out in their community or do some charity work.
- 22 New Pilots for CITYJET - Independent Irish airline CITYJET, will train in 22 newly recruited pilots this year to cope with increased demand on its routes in Europe.
Are you a Jobseeker?
Click HERE for lots of valuable information
to help you with your search.
Useful Statistics ...
2,415 New positions advertised this week 13th April – 19th April
32, 868 New positions advertised since the start of 2015
- 1.938m people currently at work, up 29,100 in 2014 (Q4)
- 1.5% increase in employment over last 12 months (Q4 2014)
- 10% is the current unemployment rate (March 2015) down from 15.1% (Feb 2012)
- 5.7% is the long term unemployment rate (Q4 2014), down from 8.1% (Q2 2013)
- 213,600 people unemployed (Q4 2014), down from 300,700 (Q2 2013)
Career Planning ...
Unique Alternative Route to Physiotherapy - Have you always wanted to study Physiotherapy but are afraid you won’t get the points? Well now there is a great alternative route offered by Coláiste Íde College of Further Education.
Intel Women in Technology Scholarship is NOW Open - Applications are NOW OPEN for Intel's Women in Technology Programme at both their Shannon and Leixlip operations.
CAO Late Application Deadline 1st May - The CAO Late Application deadline is fast approaching. The deadline for late applications to the CAO is Friday, May 1, at 5:15pm.
CAO Change of Mind Opens 5th May - The deadline for late applications to the CAO is Friday 1st May. No new applications can be submitted after this date.
New Apprenticeship Route to IT Careers Open to Leaving Certs - The FIT ICT Associate Professional is a new IT apprenticeship-style (learn & earn) pathway to a career in the technology sector.
FREE 3D Modelling & Animation for Games Workshops at Pulse College - Pulse College are hosting two FREE "3D Modelling & Animation for Games" workshops on Monday 27th April.
CareersPortal Guidance Counselling Service - CareersPortal are providing a professional one-to-one guidance counselling service for students and adults who would like support in making career, educational and/or employment decisions.
This service is of particular benefit to career changers, jobseekers, students and those looking to explore their career and education options. Click here for full details.
Calculate your Leaving Cert Points FREE App!
An essential item for every student's Exam Toolkit!
The CareersPortal Team