This week saw just two jobs announcements as well as plans for a major investment in social housing expected to create over 300 jobs in the construction sector. Click on the links below for full details.
- You can also explore the full list of current job vacancies on the government’s job portal JobsIreland. There have been over 38,000 jobs advertised since the start of the year.
- Recruitment for BIM Training Programmes - BIM is currently recruiting for its QQI Level 5 Certificate in Commercial Fishing and Department of Transport, Tourism & Sport Engineer Officer (Fishing Fishing) training programmes.
Useful Statistics ...
2,843 New positions advertised this week 6th April – 3rd May
38,207 New positions advertised since the start of 2015
- 1.938m people currently at work (Q3 2014)
- 1.5% increase in employment over last 12 months (Q3 2014)
- 10% is the current unemployment rate (March 2015) down from 15.1% (Feb 2012)
- 5.7% is the long term unemployment rate (Q3 2014), down from 8.1% (Q2 2013)
- 213,600 people unemployed (Q4 2014), down from 300,700 (Q2 2013)
(Source: from #AllAboutJobs)
CareersPortal Guidance Counselling Service - CareersPortal are providing a professional one-to-one guidance counselling service for students and adults who would like support in making career, educational and/or employment decisions.
This service is of particular benefit to career changers, jobseekers, students and those looking to explore their career and education options. Full details HERE.
CAO Application Numbers Up on last Year - From the initial February 1st deadline to the May 1st deadline, an additional 4,861 applicants applied to the CAO.
DCU Student wins first ever Intel Galileo Technology Competition - DCU Computer Applications student, Laura Browne has carried off top prize at the final of the Intel Galileo 3rd Level Technology Competition which took place in the Science Gallery in Dublin.
Calculate your Leaving Cert Points FREE App!
An essential item for a student's Exam Toolkit!
The CareersPortal Team