Jump-start your media career!
Independent News & Media, Ireland’s leading media company, is now accepting applications from graduates from all disciplines to participate in the INM Editorial Graduate Programme. The programme is designed to challenge our graduate team and develop future, talented media experts.
The Closing Date for Applications is Friday 15th May 2015.
Based in our offices in Talbot Street, Dublin, this 12-month, work-based learning programme is a way to jump-start a career in journalism and media. Successful candidates will work alongside some of the country’s leading media practitioners and journalists while developing skills across print and digital platforms.
The programme involves:
- Structured three-month skills development training.
- Nine-months on-the-job rotation across INM’s cross-platform editorial hubs.
- Individual learning plans to focus on the cross-platform newsroom, tailored to personal skills developmental requirements and experience.
- Mentors will be aligned with each graduate, to provide ongoing support, feedback and personal development.
Applicants from all disciplines and backgrounds are encouraged to apply – the only prerequisite is a passion and interest for the media industry, and a willingness to deliver high quality work against tight deadlines, to regularly support the breaking of exclusive stories and to take on many challenges.
Applicants should possess excellent written and verbal skills; and an understanding in desktop, digital media and social media tools.
This is a paid graduate programme offering a competitive salary. Applications should be submitted to email@example.com by Friday 15 May, 2015, and include:
1. CV and cover letter telling INM about you and your reason for applying for the programme.
2. Sample of current work, either in print or multimedia, published or unpublished.
Shortlisted applicants will then be invited to an Assessment Centre in early June 2015. This graduate programme will commence July 2015.
The CareersPortal Team