National Career Skills 2015 - Pilot Competition for Level 4 & 5 Students
This year, as well as the annual National Career Skills Competition for 2nd Level students, we ran a new Pilot competition for QQI Levels 4 & 5 Work Experience Students.
We worked with a number of PLC colleges to pilot a version of the National Career Skills Competition aimed at promoting awareness of career skills amongst students and to provide an additional motivator for students in completing their work experience module.
We were delighted with the response to this new competition category and the many entries have now been judged. In no particular order, the following entries have been shortlisted for the final:
- Aisling Byrne ~ Ormonde College of Further Education Kilkenny
- Joanna Stachecka ~ Tallaght Adult Education Centre
- Sarah Condon ~ Thurles Community Training Centre
- Sarah Holland ~ Ormonde College of Further Education Kilkenny
- Shauna Mulvey ~ Youthreach Transition Centre, Dublin, 1
- Simon Purcell ~ Ormonde College of Further Education Kilkenny
- Thomas Quinn ~ Cherry Orchard Community Training Centre
The BIG question remains ... Who will take the Top Prizes home ... Watch this space ...
Prizewinners will be announced on or before, Wednesday 20th May.
The National Career Skills Awards Ceremony 2015 will then take place on Wednesday 27th May in the Clock Tower at the Department of Education & Skills. The winning students, their programme co-ordinators and school principals are all invited to attend the prize giving ceremony.
The CareersPortal Team