Do you love The Liberties area? Do you like meeting new people? Would you like to share your knowledge of Dublin City Centre with visitors?
One of Dublin’s most historic areas, The Liberties is at the heart of the city’s heritage. As part of The Dubline - Discovery Trail, outgoing and knowledgeable Ambassadors are wanted to provide a warm, friendly welcome to visitors of The Liberties, during this year's busy tourist season.
This is an exciting opportunity to greet visitors from all over the world and to showcase The Liberties as a vibrant, welcoming and historic hub of Dublin City Centre.
This programme will run from Wednesday 3rd June to Saturday 29th August 2015 and shifts will be available every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Liberties Volunteer Ambassadors volunteer two hours a week to walk the streets of The Liberties and approach visitors with relevant cultural, historical and business information about the area.
- Ambassadors are asked to commit 2 hours per week for a minimum of a 6 week period (the full programme is for 13 weeks and volunteers can contribute more if they want to!).
- Shifts will run every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday for the duration of the programme.
- Shifts are outdoors from: 11am - 1.00pm / 12.00pm – 2.00pm / 1.00pm – 3.00pm.
- Ambassadors will be based between Christchurch Cathedral and James’s Gate and will be expected to walk around Thomas Street, Meath Street, Francis Street, and south towards St. Patrick’s Cathedral and Newmarket, encompassing the wider Liberties area.
- Ambassadors must be over 18, have conversational English and be comfortable approaching visitors.
- Training, support, supervision and recognition are provided. The Liberties Volunteer Ambassador Programme is coordinated by Volunteer Ireland and supported by Dublin City Council and Fáilte Ireland, as an initiative of The Dubline - Dublin's Discovery Trail.
If you are interested in applying for this volunteer role then please fill out the online application form. Successful applicants will then be invited to a group interview.
For further information and to download a full description of the role click here.
Learn more about Ireland's Community and Volunatary sector including career articles, videos and much more.
The CareersPortal Team