It was another good week for jobs announcements nationwide with some companies now recruiting, along with Dublin Aerospace who are actively seeking apprentices. Click on the links below for full details.
Now Recruiting ...
- 25 New Jobs with TransferMate - Global payments company TransferMate have announced that it is hiring 25 new employees, doubling the number it had initially planned to recruit this year
- 40 New Jobs with Digit Games Studio - Ireland’s largest game developer Digit Games Studios is to triple in size.The company has announced the immediate creation of 40 new jobs.
Jobs coming on stream ...
- Up to 100 Jobs for Cork with eSentire - eSentire Inc., a leader in continuous advanced threat protection cybersecurity solutions and managed security services plans to create close to 100 jobs over the next five years in a European HQ and Security Operations Centre in Cork.
Are you a Jobseeker?
Lots of valuable information HERE
to help you with your search.
You can also explore the full list of current job vacancies on the government’s job portal JobsIreland. There have been over 44,000 jobs advertised since the start of the year.
Useful Statistics ...
2,232 New positions advertised this week on JobsIreland (18 May - 24 May)
44,725 New positions advertised since the start of 2015
- 1,929,500 people currently at work, up 41,300 in the last 12 months (Q1 2015)
- 2.2% increase in employment over last 12 months (Q1 2015)
- 9.8% is the current unemployment rate (April 2015) down from 15.1% (Feb 2012)
- 5.9% is the long term unemployment rate (Q1 2015), down from 8.1% (Q2 2013)
- 212,800 people unemployed (Q1 2015), down from 300,700 (Q2 2013)
|National Career Skills 2015 WINNERS - A big CONGRATULATIONS to the Winners of the 2015 National Career Skills Competition! The prizes were presented by Minister for Skills, Research and Innovation, Damian English TD, at the Annual Awards Ceremony on Wednesday.
Career Planning ...
Bright Outlook for Marine and Maritime Economy - The Marine/Maritime Economy could create 10,000 new jobs up to 2020 in a range of careers.
Thousands of Workers needed for Transport and Logistics Sector - It has been identified by the Expert group on Future Skills Needs that the Freight Transport, Distribution and Logistics sector will need up to 15,500 extra skilled workers to 2020.
CareersPortal Guidance Counselling Service - CareersPortal are providing a professional one-to-one guidance counselling service for students and adults who would like support in making career, educational and/or employment decisions.
This service is of particular benefit to career changers, jobseekers, students and those looking to explore their career and education options. Click here for full details.
Calculate your Leaving Cert Points FREE App!
An essential item for a student's Exam Toolkit!
The CareersPortal Team