Do you have a passion for Irish heritage and History?
Glasnevin Cemetery Museum currently has vacancies for Tour Guides at its unique visitor attraction delivering walking tours to the domestic and international tourist market.
Opened in 2010, Glasnevin Cemetery Museum has received international acclaim and awards for its design and interpretation. Firmly established as Ireland's Necropolis, Glasnevin Cemetery Museum uniquely tells the history of Ireland and its capital city in stone.
An excellent opportunity to work at the world’s first cemetery museum delivering tours as we approach a significant era next year. Aside from daily historical tours, Glasnevin Trust also offers seasonal and specialised tours in association with the annual programme of events at Glasnevin Cemetery Museum.
The ideal candidate will provide a professional, friendly and courteous service by:
- Delivering high standard tours of the cemetery to visitors
- Ensuring safety and contentment of individuals & groups whilst conducting tours
- Researching and delivering themed tours
- Working with the existing tour guide team on historical projects and exhibitions
- Working with visiting Groups ensuring a smooth transition between the various factions of Glasnevin Museum
- Other Museum duties as they may arise including reception, ticket sales & visitor enquiries
Applicants should have the following attributes:
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- A passion for Irish heritage and history
- A ‘People Person’- Patient, outgoing, independent, with initiative, reliable, punctual, personable. You don’t have to be the life and soul of the party, but good interpersonal skills are a must.
- Be fluent in either of the following languages: Irish, French, German
- Tourism or touring experience would be an advantage but not essential
- Availability to work Monday to Sunday
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and current CV to David Lynam, HR Manager, Glasnevin Trust, Finglas Road, Dublin 11 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12.00pm Thursday 5th November 2015
Full details from Glasnevin Cemetary Museum available here.
The CareersPortal Team