This week saw some new jobs announcements across different industry sectors and the launch of a future skills report for the Freight Transport, Distribution and Logistics Sector. A number of companies are now recruiting! Click on the links below for full details.
- Core Media are Hiring 10 Graduates - The company has announced the launch of its first formal graduate recruitment programme - seeking 10 new graduate additions to join their team.
- 40 Jobs with Brown Bag Films - The Dublin-based animation studio are hiring for 40 new jobs having secured a deal with Amazon Prime which will stream children’s cartoon ‘The Stinky & Dirty Show’ to audiences in the US, UK and Germany next year.
- Intel are Hiring – Now recruiting for a number of 2015 vacancies at their Shannon operation.
- Bank of Ireland hiring at Career Zoo - If a career in the financial sector is for you, Bank of Ireland has committed to hiring at least ten professionals at the forthcoming Career Zoo event as part of as part of wider career opportunities available at the financial institution [see below for Career Zoo Details].
Jobs Coming on Stream....
Are you a jobseeker?
Lots of valuable information here to help you with your search.
- JobsIreland - Explore the full list of all current job vacancies on the government’s job portal JobsIreland. There have been over 13,000 jobs advertised since the start of the year.
- 15 500 extra Transport and Logistics workers needed to 2020 – the latest report from the expert group on future skills needs shows that the Freight Transport, Distribution and Logistics (FTDL) sector will need up to 15,500 extra skilled workers to 2020. Measures to address the skills shortage include new warehousing and storage apprenticeship scheme.
Useful Statistics ...
1,690 Number of positions advertised this week (9th February - 15th February)
13,441 Number of positions advertised since the start of 2015
- 1.93m people currently at work (Q3 2014)
- 1.5% increase in employment over last 12 months (Q3 2014)
- 10.5% is the current unemployment rate (Dec 2014) down from 15.1% (Feb 2012)
- 6.4% is the long term unemployment rate (Q3 2014), down from 8.1% (Q2 2013)
- 245,500 people unemployed (Q3 2014), down from 300,700 (Q2 2013)
(Source: from #AllAboutJobs)
National Career Skills Competition 2015
Want to win a Mac Book Air?
- Bord na Gaeilge UCD Scholarships - Bord na Gaeilge are offering scholarships to 24 students who are fluent Irish speakers and who have the desire and ability to initiate projects which promote the use of the language.
CareersPortal Guidance Counselling Service - CareersPortal are providing a professional one-to-one guidance counselling service for students and adults who would like support in making career, educational and/or employment decisions. This service is of particular benefit to career changers, jobseekers, students and those looking to explore their career and education options. Click here for details.
The CareersPortal Team