Vikings, the hugely successful History Channel production that is filmed in Ireland, has announced a casting call to find a minimum of 8,000 extras to work on its forthcoming season, which will be filmed here.
The Canadian/Irish production recently began its third season and will begin filming the fourth in Ireland in April.
The work is casual and temporary, successful candidates can expect to get a call for filming between April and December.
Those interested can attend one of the three open casting days at the following locations:
FILMBASE, Curved St, Temple Bar, D2
Tuesday 31st March 2015 - 9.30am - 4.30pm
Wednesday 1st April 2015 - 9.30am – 5pm
The Grand Hotel, Abbey St, Wicklow Town
Tuesday 7th April - 10am – 6pm
What types of people are they looking for?
- Mainly seeking adults aged 16+
- People from all ethnic backgrounds are required
- You do not need an appointment
- You only need attend one day of auditions
- Each person who attends will fill out an application and have a photo taken
- The process will take roughly 20 minutes
- You will need your measurements e.g. Height, chest, dress, shoe size etc. (You’ll need them for the application form)
- No need to bring a CV or headshots, but the team will accept them if you do have them with you
- There’s a long list of specific skills and appearances they’re looking for, including: Fishermen, Carpenters, Skilled swords people, Bowmen and women, Ship hands, Latin speakers, Tree surgeons, and males with long hair and beards!
A full list of these requirements along with all other information can be found on the Vikings Extra Facebook Page.
Explore the Irish Entertainment and Performing Arts sector HERE including career videos, industry related articles and much more.
The CareersPortal Team