Today’s round up includes this week's jobs announcements and also details of some companies who are now hiring! Click on the links below for full details.
- 8000 Extras Needed for Filming of Vikings - Vikings, the hugely successful History Channel production that is filmed in Ireland, has announced a casting call to find a minimum of 8,000 extras to work on its forthcoming season, which will be filmed here.
Jobs Coming on Stream …
- 20 New Research Jobs at UCD Campus Company - Twenty new R&D jobs are to be created at UCD over the next five years as a result of multi-billion dollar player InVivo acquiring a 50pc stake in campus company Life Scientific.
- You can also explore the full list of current job vacancies on the government’s job portal JobsIreland.There have been over 16,000 jobs advertised since the start of the year.
Are you a Jobseeker?
Lots of valuable information HERE to help you with your search.
Useful Statistics ...
1,927 New positions advertised this week 9th March – 15th March
21,556 New positions advertised since the start of 2015
- 1.93m people currently at work (Q3 2014)
- 1.5% increase in employment over last 12 months (Q3 2014)
- 10.1% is the current unemployment rate (Jan 2015) down from 15.1% (Feb 2012)
- 5.7% is the long term unemployment rate (Q3 2014), down from 8.1% (Q2 2013)
- 213,600 people unemployed (Q4 2014), down from 300,700 (Q2 2013)
(Source: from #AllAboutJobs)
Career Planning …
- Chartered Accountancy Career Event - Are you thinking of a career in accountancy? Chartered Accountants Ireland will host a career event on Thursday 16 April 2015, 3-5pm in Chartered Accountants House, 47-49 Pearse St, Dublin 2.
- Open Day at the National Tailoring Academy - The National Tailoring Academy is holding an open day and masterclass in Dublin on Friday 27 March to encourage more Irish students to pursue careers in either menswear or womenswear tailoring.
National Career Skills 2015
Countdown to Closing Date -
CareersPortal Guidance Counselling Service - CareersPortal are providing a professional one-to-one guidance counselling service for students and adults who would like support in making career, educational and/or employment decisions.
This service is of particular benefit to career changers, jobseekers, students and those looking to explore their career and education options. Click here for details.
Calculate your Leaving Cert Points
FREE App !
An essential item for a student's Exam Toolkit!
The CareersPortal Team