ST. MICHAEL’S HOUSE are recruiting Staff Nurses and are interested in both Staff Nurses who have experience, along with Nurses who will graduate in the autumn.
With over 170 locations in the greater Dublin area, St. Michael's House has established itself as a leader in the provision of community based services to children and adults with an intellectual disability and their families. We provide a range of services: residential; respite; educational and social.
In order to continue to grow, we need to expand our team and require staff that are dedicated to improving the lives of people with intellectual disabilities.
St. Michael's House Services is a community based organisation committed to providing a quality service and high standard of living to people with an intellectual disability.
We are looking for RNID nurses, with a true interest in making a difference to the lives of people with an intellectual disability.
Vacancies exist for permanent full-time/part-time, fixed-term Staff Nurse Contracts. These positions are in residential units based in north and south Dublin.
Looking after people with intellectual disabilities is about far more than putting your clinical training to use. It’s about showing real creative flair in everything that you do to truly enhance the lives of the people in your care. It’s also about making the most of the excellent training on offer to keep you at the top of your field. St. Michael's House Services provides the right environment for nurses to excel and develop in their roles.
The successful candidates will:
- Have a RNID qualified and presently registered and approved by An Bord Altranais
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in the area of intellectual disability
- Have hands on experience in the area of challenging behaviour
- Possess a strong commitment to the provision of a quality individualised service
- Be committed to working as part of a team
- Possess experience in key-working and have a knowledge of the quality system
- Have a keen interest in working with people with complex needs
- Have a good awareness of the issues facing adults with intellectual disabilities.
- Full-Clean Drivers licence- Essential
Please note that interviews for these positions will be conducted using specifically developed competencies.
Successful candidates will be paid in line with HSE revised consolidated HSE Staff Nurse Scale.
Email a cover Letter and C.V to email@example.com.
Please outline in your cover letter your suitability for the role taking into account the criteria in the above advert. Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted. Remember to include a valid email address as this is the way you will be contacted.
St. Michael's House Services is an equal opportunities employer.