The Central Applications Office (CAO) application deadline for late applications is Sunday, 1 May at 5:15 pm.
Applicants can submit a late application at an increased fee of €50 for an online application or €80 for a paper application. This facility closes at 5:15pm on 1 May and restrictions apply.
Applicants do not have to enter their course choices at this time as the majority will be able to use the online Change of Mind facility which opens on 5th May at noon.
The CAO website contains a number of guides and supports for applicants which should make the application process easy to navigate, including a ‘Demo Application Facility’ and step-by-step video guides talking applicants through the process of obtaining their CAO application number and editing their CAO account.
|"The CAO deadline for late applications is 1st May 2016."
To apply to CAO go to www.cao.ie and click on ‘Apply’.
To watch the video guides go to: Obtaining your CAO application number Editing your CAO account
More help and advice available here
Key dates for 2016/17 applicants
- CAO Normal Application Deadline is 1 February at 5:15pm.
- CAO Change of Course Choices Facility for registered applicants opens on 5 February and closes on 1 March at 5:15pm – a fee of €10 applies.
- HEAR or DARE applicants must apply to CAO by 1 February at 5:15pm.
- HEAR or DARE applicants have until 1 March at 5:15pm to complete their online HEAR or DARE form.
- HEAR or DARE applicants must submit their supporting documentation to CAO by 1 April at 5:15pm.
- The CAO Late Application facility closes on 1 May at 5:15pm – restrictions apply.
- The CAO Change of Mind Facility opens on 5 May and closes at 5:15pm on 1 July. This facility is free of charge – in general, restricted courses cannot be added using this facility and some restricted-category applicants may encounter restrictions when using this facility.
- A number of video guides are available here
The CareersPortal Team