Alupro Ireland are currently recruiting volunteers for their nationwide ‘Every Can Counts’ campaign. Those with a particular interest in environmental sustainability are urged to apply.
Founded in 2007, Alupro Ireland is a not for profit organisation set up to help encourage an interest in aluminium packaging recycling. The 'Every Can Counts' campaign is helping to promote the importance of recycling the drinks cans we use when we’re out and about.
The initiative is promoted nationwide all year round in retail parks, town centres and also at festivals where volunteers encourage those in attendance to recycle more by running competitions and promotions, with the aim of collecting as many used cans as possible.
Volunteers can enjoy the festival atmosphere whilst also doing their bit for the environment.
If you are aged 18 or over, you can apply to volunteer at the following events:
- Wings for Life – Dun Laoghaire 3rd May (day event)
- Bloom – June Bank holidayThursday – Monday (5 day event Dublin)
- Body & Soul – June 19th-21st (3 day camping event, Meath)
- Castle Palooza – August Bank Holiday (Offaly)
- IndiePendence _ August Bank Holiday (Cork)
- Fléadh Ceoil – 10-17th August (Sligo)
- Rose of Tralee – 14-18th August (Kerry)
- Electric Picnic – 4-6th September (Laois)
Some smaller garden festivals dates are also to be confirmed and will be updated on the Every Can Counts website when made available.
Volunteers are needed all year round, to express your interest you can email email@example.com.
The organisation also offer one internship opportunity annually, usually from April to September. All previous interns have been selected from those who have volunteered with the organisation. Interested applicants can email their CV and referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explore the Community and Voluntary Sector for related career and industry news, articles and resources.
The CareersPortal Team