It has been another good week for jobs with several announcements across a range of sectors, and a number of companies NOW recruiting! Click on the links below for full details.
- 200 Jobs for Dublin with Airbnb - The hospitality e-commerce site Airbnb is expanding its Irish operation with the hiring of 200 people and the leasing of a new office space in Dublin.
- 30 Jobs with Davy Stockbrokers - Davy, Ireland's leading stockbrokers have announced they are currently hiring for 30 new job vacancies. The positions will be across all levels including graduate roles, financial planning, marketing and accounting.
- 25 Jobs with Youth Nation – Communications company Youth Nation have today announced they are creating 25 new jobs in Ireland as it continues to expand its operations.
ESB Ireland Apprenticeship Campaign 2015 OPEN - The ESB have announced 300 new apprenticeships. Potential applicants are now being invited to express their interest in an Electrical Apprenticeship with ESB Networks. Suitable candidates will be invited to formally apply for an apprenticeship by completing an online application form by 29th March 2015.
Careers at Bank of Ireland – Bank of Ireland are always looking for bright, ambitious people wanting to make a difference in a bank that puts its customers at the heart of everything it does. Read more about the career opportunities the bank has to offer.
Jobs Coming on Stream…
- 450 New Jobs with Liffey Valley Expansion - A major expansion of Liffey Valley Shopping Centre in Clondalkin has been announced thatwill create approximately 450 full and part-time jobs in retail sales and customer service.
- Another 36 Jobs for Dublin with Pennys - The company have now announced a major investment at their Primark Head Office on Parnell Street in Dublin's Northside, which will create a 36 new jobs in 2015 along with the 280 as part of the Liffey Valley Shopping Centre expansion.
- 10 New Engineering Jobs for Blanchardstown - TelecityGroup Ireland, a leading provider of premium carrier-neutral data centres, today announced that its new state-of-the-art data centre in Blanchardstown, Dublin will open in the summer of 2015 with new positions available for 10 highly skilled engineers.
- 60 New Jobs with Horizon Pharma - Biopharmaceutical company Horizon Pharma has announced 60 new jobs as it officially opened its new global corporate headquarters in Dublin.
- New Apple Data Centre to bring 300 Jobs to Galway - Tech giant Apple has announced plans to invest €1.7bn in two new data centres, one of which is to be located in Athenry, Co Galway. 300 jobs will be created during the multiple phases of project.
Are You a Jobseeker?
Valuable information available here to help you with your search.
Explore the full list of current job vacancies on the Government Jobs portal JobsIreland. There have been over 15,000 jobs advertised since the start of the year.
1,939 Number of positions advertised this week (16th February - 22nd February)
15,380 Number of positions advertised since the start of 2015
- 1.93m people currently at work (Q3 2014)
- 1.5% increase in employment over last 12 months (Q3 2014)
- 10.4% is the current unemployment rate (Jan 2015) down from 15.1% (Feb 2012)
- 5.7% is the long term unemployment rate (Q3 2014), down from 8.1% (Q2 2013)
- 213,600 people unemployed (Q4 2014), down from 300,700 (Q2 2013)
(Source: from #AllAboutJobs)
- Professional Education is a Passport to Insurance Success - A new series of articles from the Insurance Institute of Ireland, now available on the CareersPortal website, profiles insurance professionals who began their careers in Ireland but who have gone on to secure exciting opportunities all over the world.
Want to win a MacBook Air?
Enter the National Career Skills Competition 2015
Open to 2nd Level students who have completed Work Experience this year.
CareersPortal Guidance Counselling Service - CareersPortal are providing a professional one-to-one guidance counselling service for students and adults who would like support in making career, educational and/or employment decisions. This service is of particular benefit to career changers, jobseekers, students and those looking to explore their career and education options. Click here for details.
Time for Leaving Cert students to add the Points Calculator App to their Exam Toolkit.
Click here for details.
The CareersPortal Team