This week saw several jobs announcements nationwide as well as details of an upcoming open day for potential employees at CarTrawler. Click on the links below for full details.
Now Recruiting ...
- 30 New Jobs for Cavan as Lagan Brick Restarts in Ireland - 30 new jobs are set to be created by Lagan Brick Ltd in Cavan with the announcement that the building material supplier is to restart operations in Ireland. 20 jobs are to come online immediately, with the ten remaining positions reported to be phased in as the business grows.
Jobs Coming on Stream …
- 60 New Data Protection Jobs for Galway with IDT911 - Data protection services company IDT911 is to create 60 jobs with the opening of its European headquarters in Galway at the Galway Technology Centre in the Mervue area of the city. The new positions will be filled over the next five years.
- Up to 50 new Jobs for Waterford with Sun Life Financial - Tanaiste and Minister for Social Protection Joan Burton cut the ribbon on Sun Life Financial’s newly expanded offices in Waterford on Wednesday, announcing that the expansion will allow the company potential growth capacity from its present workforce of 350 up to 400.
- You can also explore the full list of current job vacancies on the government’s job portal JobsIreland. There have been over 23,000 jobs advertised since the start of the year.
Are you a Jobseeker?
Lots of valuable information HERE
to help you with your search.
Useful Statistics ...
1,872 New positions advertised this week 16 March - 22 March
23,428 New positions advertised since the start of 2015
- 1.93m people currently at work (Q3 2014)
- 1.5% increase in employment over last 12 months (Q3 2014)
- 10.1% is the current unemployment rate (Jan 2015) down from 15.1% (Feb 2012)
- 5.7% is the long term unemployment rate (Q3 2014), down from 8.1% (Q2 2013)
- 213,600 people unemployed (Q4 2014), down from 300,700 (Q2 2013)
(Source: from #AllAboutJobs)
Career planning …
Aviation Industry facing potential skills shortage - Rising air passenger numbers could leave the aviation industry facing a critical skills shortage. The potential shortage includes pilots, air traffic controllers, engineers and mechanics.
Evidence of disability for CAO - Guidance Counsellor Aoife Walsh has some advice for applicants with a disability on the additional documents needed when applying to the CAO.
Options for Study outside of CAO and PLC - Guidance Counsellor Aoife Walsh outlines current opportunities for young people to find an alternative to the CAO and post-Leaving Certificate (PLC) systems, which are open for application now.
The college degree you need if you want to be rich – A report from the journal.ie which has done some digging into what kind of college educations were attained by the top 100 richest people in the world in order to get them to where they are today.
Training and Language Skills highlighted in New Tourism Strategy - This week saw the launch of a new government Tourism Strategy for the next 10 years - What does it mean for those thinking of a career in the sector?
CareersPortal Guidance Counselling Service - CareersPortal are providing a professional one-to-one guidance counselling service for students and adults who would like support in making career, educational and/or employment decisions.
This service is of particular benefit to career changers, jobseekers, students and those looking to explore their career and education options. Click here for details.
National Career Skills Competition
Countdown to Closing Date April 15th
Volunteers Wanted for the Every Can Counts Campaign - Alupro Ireland are currently recruiting volunteers for their nationwide ‘Every Can Counts’ campaign. Those with a particular interest in environmental sustainability are urged to apply.
ADAPT All Ireland Linguistics Olympiad at DCU - Talented decoders tackled the world’s toughest puzzles in linguistics, logic and language at DCU this week.
Calculate your Leaving Cert Points
An essential item for a student's Exam Toolkit!
The CareersPortal Team