Another good week for jobseekers with several announcements across a range of sectors, and a number of companies NOW recruiting! Click on the links below for full details.
Now Recruiting ...
- 350 Temporary Jobs for Cork with ABTRAN - Irish Water is set to hire more than 350 new temporary staff. The positions will be created within Irish Water's contracted business services firm, Abtran, in advance of the first water bills being issued next month.
- You can also explore the full list of current job vacancies on the government’s job portal JobsIreland. There have been over 17,000 jobs advertised since the start of the year.
Jobs Coming on Stream ...
- Cloud software company LogMeIn - is expanding its Dublin EMEA office which will create 90 skilled roles over the next three years.
- Aramark Create 17 New Jobs - Facilities management, food and property provider Aramark Ireland have announced 17 new jobs following their year long acquisition of Sligo based Lotus Facilities Management in 2013.
- New Glanbia Dairy Facility to bring Hundreds of Jobs - About 75 direct jobs will be created with another 1,600 indirect jobs created elsewhere throughout the country resulting from the extra dairy activity.
|Are You a Jobseeker? Lots of valuable information here to help you with your search.
Useful Statistics ...
2,081 Number of positions advertised this week (23rd February – 1st March)
17,461 Number of positions advertised since the start of 2015
- 1.93m people currently at work (Q3 2014)
- 1.5% increase in employment over last 12 months (Q3 2014)
- 10.4% is the current unemployment rate (Jan 2015) down from 15.1% (Feb 2012)
- 5.7% is the long term unemployment rate (Q3 2014), down from 8.1% (Q2 2013)
- 213,600 people unemployed (Q4 2014), down from 300,700 (Q2 2013)
Career Planning ...
- NEW IT Carlow High Performance Entry Scheme - The Institute of Technology, Carlow, has launched an initiative for prospective undergraduate students which will reward entrepreneurship, sport and citizenship with 50 extra CAO points.
|National Career Skills Competition 2015 Now Open
- 2015 Eircom Junior Spider Awards - The deadline for submitting entries to the Eircom Junior Spider awards is Wednesday March 11th. The awards recognise and reward students at both secondary and primary level for the innovative ways they use the internet, especially around website development, school blogs and design.
CareersPortal Guidance Counselling Service - CareersPortal are providing a professional one-to-one guidance counselling service for students and adults who would like support in making career, educational and/or employment decisions. This service is of particular benefit to career changers, jobseekers, students and those looking to explore their career and education options.
Click here for details.
Calculate your Leaving Cert Points
It's time for Leaving Cert students to add
the Leaving Cert Points Calculator App to their
2015 Exam Toolkit!
The CareersPortal Team