Registered Tax Consultants work continually to ensure that their clients make the best business decisions in light of fiscal change and development. Registered Tax Consultants monitor and anticipate changes to tax legislation and respond quickly with commercially focused advice specific to their clients’ particular business requirements.
Registered Tax Consultants provide tax advisory services to a wide range of clients who operate in all sectors of the economy. This involves devising tax efficient strategies for multinational and domestic clients in business situations such as mergers, takeovers and corporate reconstructions. Other aspects of specialized taxation work include royalty structures, property taxes, tax-based film investments, business succession-planning and taxation for financial institutions and IFSC companies.
Providing the right taxation advice at critical moments may dictate the long term success of an organisation and must be provided by a Registered Tax Consultant conscious of the repercussions of that advice. To provide these services at the highest standard, Registered Tax Consultants are provided with continuous professional development and technical updates throughout their career by the Irish Taxation Institute. It is a sector where you never stop learning - legislation changes such as the Budget each year changes key aspects of tax system affecting different clients in various ways.
Taxation is a very dynamic sector and provides you with a flexible career. There are opportunities with the corporate sector and within practice and Registered Tax Conultants can work internationally as well.
The typical tasks of a Registered Tax Consultant is as follow:
· Offer commercially focussed tax and business advice to clients
· Enable clients to minimize financial and reputational risk
· Assist clients to minimise the tax cost of doing business
· Develop and implement tax planning strategies
· Manage the tax compliance process for clients
· Negotiate with Revenue on behalf of clients
· Consulting on the commercial issues facing a particular client/industry sector.
· Structure Irish or cross-border mergers and acquisitions
· Develop appropriate corporate structures to enable clients to develop their businesses effectively
· Provide tax advice on international finance transactions
· Consult on major property developments in Ireland and abroad to minimise related VAT and stamp-duty costs.
· Assist clients in complying with complex tax reporting obligations.