Saturday, 1 June, 201901/06/2019
09:00 to 15:55
REACH+ Event Reminder
See the Careers-Recent Post File in Room 19
for more detail
- Leaving Certificate 2019 students should now register for the Candidate Self Service Portal on www.examinations.ie in order to have access to the Leaving Certificate Results, Viewing & Appeals services in August. To register students will need their LC examination number and PIN. PIN Numbers from Mr. Murray during exam time in June.
- CAO Change of Mind - 12 tips for the undecided. Still trying to make up your mind on your CAO form? Have a read of this Irish Times article for some tips. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/cao-change-of-mind-12-tips-for-the-undecided-1.3887660
- Logistics Associate Apprenticeships - a number of Dublin based companies are now recruiting for the Logistics Associate Apprenticeship scheme. Are you interested in transport, motoring, trucks, etc. Earn as you learn. For example - Independent Express - the leading Irish mover of freight n pallets & parcel consignments across Ireland, UK & Europe. Logistics Apprenticeships. www.laa.ie
- Motoring Apprenticeships - Bandon Motors - Open Evening Thurs 16th May.
- CAO - check recent mailing. Change of mind Facility now open.
- CAO - CHECK YOUR STATEMENT OF APPLICATION
- National College of Ireland - High performance Sports Scholarship www.ncirl.ie/sportscholarship
- CIT CAO Applicant Evening Thurs 2nd May 6-8pm. Booking essential firstname.lastname@example.org Further information www.cit.ie/cao
- SUSI Drop In Information Clinic Tues. 30th April Citizens Information Centre, Wolfe Tone Square, Bantry 10-1pm/2-7pm.
- College of Commerce West Cork Campus - Rossa College: Level 5 Art & Creative Craft exhibition Sat 18th May 14.00. Interviews week of Mon 20th May for those applying for 2019/20.
- Kinsale College of Further Education - new prospectus in Careers Library
- See folder in Room 19 for more details on the following:-
- Directory of Leaving Certificate Entry Requirements 2019 Entry - check to be 100% sure that you meet the requirements for a particular College or Course.
- Cork College of Commerce and West Cork Campus - new Prospectus in Careers Library
- NUI Matriculation regulations - new booklet. NUI - UCC, UCD, NUI Maynooth, NUI Galway. Check irish exemptions immediately.
- CIT Cork Mechanical, Manufacturing & Biomedical Engineering Exhibition Thurs 11th April 13.30-19.30. 200 stands. Engineering the future in Global Environmental Innovation
- UCC Leaflets on Engineering - Electrical & Electronic: Civil, Structural & Enviromental; Process & Chemical; Energy.
- Ireland Skills Live RDS, Dublin 21-23rd March. See over 25 Apprenticeships in action. Over 150 Apprentices will be competing over 6 industry sectors - Construction, Creative Arts, Beauty, Hospitality, Transportation, Aviation & Information technology. www.irelandskillslive.ie
- DCU - Acces DCU Entry Route - this route offers students from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds the opportunity to apply for additional supports - Subsidised Accommodation or Reduced Point Entry http://dcu.ie/access/dcu-access-entry-route.shtml.
- NUIGalway Spring Open Day Sat 6th April 9-3pm.
- Apprenticeships - see Apprenticeship Section - main page of Careers Portal:
- Bus Éireann Apprenticeships Heavy Vehicle Mechanic - closing date end March.
- ESB Apprenticeships - closing date 25th March.
- Ryanair Aircraft Maintenance & Engineering Apprenticeship, Dublin based.
- Apprenticeships GSK - Glaxo Smyth Kline Ringaskiddy, Cork
- Manufacturing jobs Stryker, Carrigtowhill, Cork
- MSD, Pfizers, Eli Lilly,
- 4th Years CIT Experience Tuesday 2nd April
- 5th Years UCC Spring Open Day Tuesday 14th May
- Keep an eye on the Careers Noticeboards - ouside Room 12 and in the Careers Library.
- See Apprenticeships section - main page Careers Portal to see the latest news - ESB (closing date 25th March), International Financial Services (closing date 8th March); Cyber Security in Software Development or in Network Engineering (register your interest)
- UCC Feb 19 Newsletter
- Diploma in Dental Nursing - now available in UCC/CUH - apply directly to UCC Admissions Office, not through the CAO, by 15th March.
- West Cork Campus (Rossa College) College of Commerce - Open Day Tuesday 12th March 10-3pm.
- Tralee IT Sports Scholarships, apply by 8th March. See details online
- DCU Dublin City University Accommodation Application Process opens on 27th Feb. 11am. www.dcuaccommodation.ie
- 'Get a Life in Tourism' Magazine' - many career opportunities. www.getalifeintourism.ie
- Coláiste Stiofán Naofa CSN Open Day Tuesday 5th March 9-6pm
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick - Taster Sessions Friday 26th April 11-1pm www.micopenday.ie - Registration essential.
- MIC Thurles - St. Patrick's Campus - Student Teacher Experience Day Saturday 6th April 10.30-3pm www.micopenday.ie. Qualify to teach in secondary schools Accounting, Business, Irish, Religion, Maths.
- Clonakilty Agricultural College Open Day Fri 8th March 11-1pm.
- Kinsale College Open Day Friday 12th April 10-3pm many PLC Courses eg. Sustainable Horticulture/Permaculture, Outdoor Adventure Education, Multimedia Production, Drama & Theatre Studies, Special Needs Assistant (SNA) www.kinsalecollege.ie
- For 4th & 5th Years:
- Senior Cycle Subject Choice - any urgent questions, please drop in to the Guidance Office for advice as soon as possible.
- College Summer Schools - lots of 3rd level College offer students a summer Taster Week, to give you an idea of what college life is like - check our each college to see what is on offer, accomodation is generally offered in the college student accomodation blocks.
- UCAS Student Money Week has begun! Find out everything you need to know to get funding for study this year #studentfinancesurvivalhttp://ow.ly/upqM30nEzlJ
- 1916 'Leaders and Learners' Bursary 2019-20
The Leinster Pillar 1 Cluster of Higher Education Institutions is delighted to invite applications for the 1916 ‘Leaders and Learners’ Bursary 2019 – 2020 funded by the Department of Education and Skills for eligible students in the following Higher Education Institutions – Institute of Art, Design and Technology, Dun Laoghaire (IADT); National College of Art and Design (NCAD); Marino Institute of Education (MIE); Trinity College Dublin (TCD); and University College Dublin (UCD). The bursary aims to provide support for economically disadvantaged students from groups traditionally underrepresented in higher education.Info :- https://www.ncad.ie/files/download/1FAQ_1916_Bursaries_(1).pdf
Information Event on Studying Abroad An ever-increasing number of Irish students who miss out on the points to study Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing and Occupational Therapy, in Ireland,are now going to universities in Continental Europe. to acquire the professional qualifications needed to practice as a Doctor, Vet, Dentist or Nurse in Ireland. For example, there are over 60 programmes in Medicine and 13 programmes in Veterinary Medicine, all taught through English, that enable Irish students to keep their dreams alive of a professional career in diverse health professions. Such is the number of Irish students joining these programmes that several of these universities are coming to Ireland to speak to Irish students, and their families. Thurs 4th April - Carlton Hotel, Blanchardstown, Dublin. Speaking at the event, in addition to representatives of the universities will be Irish students already studying there. Schedule: 19.00 - 20.30 Presentations on Studying Health Sciences in Europe,,- Studying Med, Vet & Dentistry in Europe by EUNiCAS, - A parent's perspective on Studying Medicine in Italy. - Studying in Poland. - Studying Dentistry in Spain. - Q&A with Irish students currently studying Medicine, Dentistry or Veterinary Medicine. EUNICAS is available throughout the event, answering a wide range of questons, on a wide range of subjects.Several universities will be represented on the night and theor names will be added here as they commit.
- CIT Visiting Speaker Thurs 24th 13:55 Room 19 Overview of all things CIT.
- Pilot Careers Live - Sat. 2nd March 10-4, Croke Park Stadium www.pilotcareernews.com/live Europe's largest aerospace career exhibition. View a video about the event http://bit.ly/pilotcareerslive18 Book online.
- St. John's Central College Open Day Tues 5th March 09.30-4pm and also on Tues 28th May. Over 50 full time certified courses. www.stjohnscollege.ie First round interviews week of 8th April, 2nd round 27th May. Veterinary Nursing interviews 20-22nd May.
- UCD Ad Astra Academy - applications for Elite Sports and Performing Arts Scholars by 31st January 19. Applications for Academic Scholars by 19th August 19. www.ucd.ie/adastraacademy
- Surveying - A Career in Quantity Surveying - property, construction, land - see summary booklet - colleges, courses, points all in one place.
- St. Nicholas Montessori BA Montessori Education - Dublin & Cork Campus. www.smsi.ie
- Accounting Technicians Ireland Apprenticeship - www.accountingtechnicianapprenticeship.ie see Career Pathway.
- Irish Times - College Choice 15.01.19 - Life after school; Key dates for CAO; what happens if you make the wrong choice; should you go with your head or your heart; 6 step guide to CAO;m 2018 Points; money matters.
- UCC Parent Information Evening Thurs 17th Jan 6-8pm - welcome talk, finance, grants, - opportunity to talk to staff.
- Maynooth University Soccer Scholarships https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/study-maynooth/undergraduate-studies/scholarships/sport-scholarships
- Careers News - OEM Appreticeship Video
- Careers in Screen Day - Thurs 28th February www.ifi.ie/careers-2019 Irish Film Institute
- UCC Quercus Scholarships - www.ucc.ie/en/quercus - closing date Fri 8th Feb. 5 different fields - Active Citizenship; Innovation/Entrepreneurship/ Creative & Performing Arts; Sport; Academic Achievement
- Carlow IT Digital Art & Design www.itcarlow.ie/CW268
- NUI Galway - BSc Applied Social Sciences - address the most crucial social, environmental & economic problems of our times. Level 8 350 pts.
- CAO Mailing - see list of Course Changes on line - Alert Lists www.cao.ie
- BIMM Institute Dublin www.bimm.ie (British & Irish Modern Music Institute) 4 yr BA Commercial Modern Music TUDublin (DIT)
- UCC Study Abroad & Work Placements Opportunities www.ucc.ie/international/goabroadwithucc/
- NUIGawlay - Physics, Applied Physics, Astrophysics, Biomedical Physics, Theoretical Physics.
- Career Services www.careerservices.ie/apprenticeships Market St., Skibbereen - preparation for applying to ESB, Aer Lingus, Bord na Móna, Bus Éireann, etc. See website for a full list of dates & venues.
- Dutch Universities www.eunicas.ie - Meet representatives from Dutch Universities in Limerick 9th Jan/Dublin 10th Jan - application deadline 15th January for many courses. See poster in Careers Library.
- TU Dublin - Technological University Dublin - DIT, IT Tallaght, IT Blanchardstown
- Tu Dublin - DIT BA Photography - Open Day Thurs 24th Jan. Portfolio Information.
- American Beauty College, Cork
- Cork College of Commerce - Online Application process now open. Open Day Tuesday 5th March.
- NUIG Law - if you are applying for Law in Galway, please see Ms. Ni B re Law Activities in NUIG in March.
- IADT (Institute of Art & Design Dun Laoghaire)are excited to announce a new learning pathway on BA (Hons) Creative Music Production programme. This new pathway: Music Practice (as opposed to music performance) enables performers to use technology creatively. For more details, please visit: http://www.iadt.ie/courses/creative-music-production
- UL Open Day Sat Jan 12th
- Griffith College Cork Open Evening 10th Jan 5.30-7.30pm www.griffith.ie (check fees) - see details Easter Maths Revision Course & Scholarship information.
- CIT Engineering, Science & Technology Roadshow in CIT on Mon 14th Jan 7-9pm
- Medical Poland Open Day Sat. 19th Jan 11-1pm Dublin - need to register www.medicalpoland.ie Medicine, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Pharmacy, Veterinary, Dentistry.
- CareersNews - www.careersnews.ie - lots of updates
- The Fullbright Commission in Ireland - Summer grant for 2019 Study of the US Institutes for European students to examine Civic Engagement in the USA - apply by 30th Jan to email@example.com. 5 week programme June/July exploring topics such as citizenship, community building, economic development, grassroots activism, political leadership and volunteerism.
- UCC Accomodation - www.ucc.ie/en/advice - students are advised to start looking for accomodation in early January. UCC Student Residential Services Office.
- Transition Year:- (see Ms. O'Regan) CIT STEPS Engineering Your Future TY Programme 13-17th May - apply online - applications close 30th Nov. https://steps.ie/eyf.aspx
- MIC Campus Thurles (Mary Imaculate College, Limerick) Post Primary Teaching - new course Education, Maths & Irish - note that Education is included in the course - therefore the student is qualified to teach after 4 years stduy.
- Engineering - huge demand for young people to consider a career in engineering -civil & building, mechanical & manufacturing, electrical & electronic, sustainable energy.
- Athlone IT - B. Eng. in Mechanical & Polymer Engineering - making plastic more sustainable and environmentally friendly
- Agriculture - new developments - revival of sugar beet growing with a view to producing bio-ethanol fuel.
- Agriculture in UCC - 1st year modules - Chemistry; Physics for Ag & Environmental Science; Cells, Biomolecules, Genetics & Evolution; Physiology & Structure of Plants & Animals; Biochemistry & Biological Basis of Disease; Calculus for Science; Food & Ag Economics; International Food Policy; Food Science & Technology; Agriculture
- Limerick IT - BSc Enviromental Management in Agriculture; BSc Environmental & Geographical Sciences www.lit.ie/Courses/
- CareersPortal updates: -
- Course Finder now on main page.
- Apprenticeships now included in Course Finder
- Course Finder Filters - 2018 points; maths/cience/language entry requirements; 2019 new courses; location; course code; area of study
- Calendar - searchable by topic, eg Open Days; CAO dates; etc.
- Career Sector Pages - expanded and redesigned.
- NCAD National College of Art & Design - Portfolio Guidelines 2019. Portfolio sessions during mid-term break. Open Day 28th Nov. Taster Days. New Degree - BA Moving Image Design The old BA in Visual Communication is now divided into 3 courses - BA Graphic Design, BA Illustration & BA Moving Image Design. See www.ncad.ie for the wide range of courses.
- Irish Times - to receive a series of emails featuring valuable material from the Irish Times education team about CAO, Leaving Cert, Career Guidance & Open Days - go to www.irishtimes.com/hiopsignup. Booklet on Graduate Options - what to do when finished in 3rd Level College.
- Royal College of Surgeons Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Medicine. Open Day Jan. 3rd.
- NMCI Maritime Event & Open Day - 8th Nov.
- National College of Ireland www.ncirl.ie - Mostly business courses, small college, lower points, on-campus accomodation for all 1st years.
- UCD - see Alert List, Summary Booklet, Open Day 3rd Nov. www.myucd.ie
- Tralee IT - Open Day Fri. 26th Oct. Parent Information Evening Thurs. 25th Oct.
- DCU Alert List. New in 2019 - B.Ed Irish & French/German/Spanish (Secondary school teacher). See booklet - A World of Opportunities - How Science, Technology & Engineering are transforming the careers of the future.
- Apprenticeship Talk for Parents - Cork Training Centre SOLAS Bishopstown 6th Nov 7pm
- www.eunicas.ie - consider degree programmes across Europe, courses taught through English. Dutch Universities do not choose students based on points - motivational letters & interviews, registration/tuitition fees are slightly lower than Ireland, courses involve quite a different range and combination to those here
- Where will my qualification take me? Use the UCD Prospectus as an example and look at the Faculty Summary pages.
- UCD Science Booklet excellent summary of Science, Computer Science, Actuarial & Financial Studies Courses.
- CIT Engineering, Science & Technology Roadshow - Mon 22nd Oct, 7pm, Coláiste Pobail Bheantraí. www.cit.ie/roadshow
- www.languagesconnect.ie for anyone interested in languages, lots of information about working with languages, videos about careers with languages
- Tralee IT Open Day 26th October. 09.30-13.30
- Nursing Taster Days in Tralee IT 26th Nov, 29th Nov, 3rd Dec.
- Veterinary Medicine in the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences in Kaunas, Lithuania. www.lsmu.ie. Contact Colman Kelliher, Irish student from Killarney studying in this college, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Art - interested in applying to NCAD - Portfolio courses 3,6,7, Nov. https://bit.ly/2yeHxrj to book places.
- LIT Open Days 18/19th October
- Music Degree - new in NUIG Galway www.nuigalway.ie/artsmusic & https://www.youtube/watch?v=D_P4RTwVNVQ
- Apprenticeships in the Construction Industry - www.apprenticeships.ie - register your interest here and see some interesting video Case Studies.
- BA in Culinary Arts Tralee IT/ CIT/WIT - Earn & Learn - Chef de Partie Apprenticeship http://www.apprenticeship.ie/en/apprentice/Pages/ChefDePartie.aspx
- American Soccer Scholarship information day at WIT Sun 21st October www.P4SIE.com
- Munster Programme Training Junior & Senior Cycles starts 3rd Nov in UCC School of Computer Science - Saturdays 10-13.00
- Maritime Event & Open Day in NMCI Ringaskiddy on 8th November.
- Irish Times College Open Days 2018 Supplement. irishtimes.com/opendays
- National Maritime College of Ireland (Ringaskiddy) Maritime Event & Open Day Thursday 8th Nov. Representatives from International Shipping Companies & maritime organisations will provide information about careers, employment, sponsorship in the maritime industry.
- Jobs/Vacancies difficult to fill - April 2018 survey - science, research, engineering, technology, programmers & software developers, analysts & designers, IT managers, telecommunications, business, media, public services, quality & regulation, accountants, health-medical consultants & nurses.
- UCC Dept of Music Open Day Sat. 10th Nov.
- College Awareness Week 12-16th November - Visiting Speakers in the College
- UCC Sept 18 Newsletter - see Downloads - Go to WWW on the top right of your Reach Page.
- UCC Open Day Sat. 13th October
- GMIT Galway-Mayo IT - Galway International Hotel School brochure - CAO courses - Culinary Arts, Event Mgt. & PR, Retail Mgt, Heritage Studies, International Hotel Mgt. & Hospitality, International Tourism Mgt. Also - Life Long learning - BA Hons Religious Studies, Culinary Arts, Cert in pastry & Baking.
- UCC Disability Support Service DSS Advice Clinics to give information on the DARE application process & to outline the supports available in UCC for students:- pick any evening, free, but you must register. Wed. 26th Sept, Wed. 17th Oct, Tues 6th Nov, Wed 28th Nov - all 6-8pm.
- CIT DARE Advice Clinic 6th November, 5th December.
- CIT National Maritime College Ringaskiddy Open Day Thursday 8th November
- CIT Open Day Friday 16th November.
- Mary Immaculate College, (MIC) Limerick. New - BA in Education, Maths & Irish (MI013) - 4 year concurrent teacher education degree. Graduates will be qualified to teach Maths & Irish to Leaving Cert Hons level.
- Mary Immaculate College - St. Patrick's Campus Thurles - Graduates of the following courses will be qualified as teachers and ready to go into the classroom - BA in Education, Business Studies & Accounting; BA in Education, Business Studies & Religious Studies; BA in Education, Irish & Religious Studies; BA in Education & Psychology.
- Waterford IT Open Day 23/24 November. See www.wit.ie/events for subject specific on campus events. try Nursing, Try Sport, Try IT.
- Shannon College of Hotel Management - Prospectus. Open Day Fri 12th Oct. BBus in International Hotel Mgt and BCommerce in International Hotel Mgt.
- Limerick IT - www.lit.ie - see online for a range of new courses. Open Day 18/19 Oct.
- Stryker Engineering www.stryker.com/careers see brochure SWN Stryker Women's Network - Advancing Women in Technology. See YouTube Videos.
- CAO - See Student Resources - Alert Lists
- CAO Applications open 5th Nov @ €30. Closing date 1st February.
- Waterford IT Open Day 23rd November
- AILO All Ireland Linguistics Olympiad - register at www.adaptcentre.ie/ailo - challenges secondary school students to test their minds against the world's toughest problems in logic, language and linguistics. Students must develop their own strategies for solving complex problems in unfamiliar languages. Junior (under 16) & Senior (aged 16 & over). Attend a free problem solving workshop in Nov/Dec ahead of taking Round One in your own school on 29th January. . The top 4 stduents from the AILO final will represent Ireland in July/Aug 2019 in South Korea. www.ioling.org.
- Teagasc Prospectus - new summary brochure of all Agricultural Courses
- Career Opions 2018 16/17th October Rochestown Park. €5 ticket + €10 bus.
- Bell Time Magazine - on table in Careers Library - articles on Apprenticeships, Traineeships, Careers - Surveyors, Gárdaí, BIM Seafood Sector, Coillte Forestry, Languages, Politics, STEM, Social Responsibility, Environment, Extra Curricular info, Mental Health
- www.qualifax.ie check Minimum Subject Requirements Module
- Apprenticeships see in CareersPortal and in Qualifax.
- Apprenticeship Opportunities - Jones Engineering- earn while you learn. www.joneseng.com/apprentice - mechanical, electircal, electrical & instrumentation - countrywide placements.
- NUIG Galway Open Day 5 & 6 Oct. Some new courses - BA History & Globalisation Studies; BA Government (Politics, Economics, Law); BA Education (Computer Science & Mathsematical Studies); Law & Human Rights. www.nuigalway.ie
- Higher Options Dublin v. Career Options Cork - 16/17 Oct.
- Agricultural Colleges Open Day from 04.10.18
- HEAR Higher Education Access Route/DARE Disability/Assisted Learning Access Route - Nationwide Information Days Sat. 19th January 2019.
- Career Services - Job Alert Service, HPat Preparation Courses, Apprenticeship Preparation Courses, Gárda/Army/Navy/Defence Forces/ Paramedic/ Prison Officers/Firefighters/ Clerical Officers Interview & Preparation www.careerservices.ie
- University of Limerick Open Days 18/19 Oct. New prospectus for 19/20 is on the Careers Library shelf and Summary leaflet.
- See College Open Days App on your Reach Home Page & plan ahead.
- Keep up to date on www.careersnews.ie - sign up for the e-mail Newsletter - recent articles - Medical Poland, Computing at Griffith College, Higher Diploma in Software Development.
- UCC Summary Booklet; Open Day Sat 13th Oct, see Timetable of events.
- UCC Parent Information Evening Thurs 15th Nov 6-8pm, Boole Library, UCC. -
- UCC NEW CK412 Agricultural Science
- IADT Dun Laoghaire - new Prospectus & Portfolio Guidelines www.iadt.ie Ireland's leading creative, cultural & technological higher education provider - Visual Communication Design, Animation, Applied Psychology, Creative Computing, New media Studies, Entrepreneurship etc. Taster Days during Mid-term break 30Oct-2 Nov. Open Days 23/24 Nov.
- www.opendayeveryday.com - Get the low down on your 3rd level course before going to college from existing students. (watch for cost)
- 6th Years. The Minister for Education & Skills has launched a review of Career Guidance in Ireland. Students are encouraged to provide their views. We would ask 6th years to complete this short survey before 8th June. https://www.research.net/r/MTVHM8S
- 6th Yr. - TCD Dartry Irish Language Residency Scheme for 1st Yr students in TCD - live in Trinity Hall with other Irish language speakers. A grant of €1,000 is paid to each student for developing Irish language projects and fulfilling other duties. Apply now http://ww.tcd.ie/gaeloifig/en by Wed. 13th June 2018
- 2018 Gárda Recruitment Campaign opens - apply online www.publicjobs.ie Closing date Wednesday 6th June.
- Career Services - Skibbereen https://careerservices.ie running preparation course to help you apply to An Garda Siochána, for Apprenticeships, etc.
- Dublin Aerospace Mechanical Automation and Maintenance Fitter (MMAF) Apprenticeship - closing date 25th May. www.DublinAerospace.com/careers
- Insurance Apprenticeship now recruiting www.eranandlearn.ie
- Gaiety School of Acting - 1 yr Part-Time Acting Course - apply by 1st July.
- DCU June Open Day on 26th June before Change of Mind closes
- Science & Art of Communication Summer School in Lithuania - https://www.facebook.com/summerschoolSAC/
- Shortage of STEM Teachers - Chemistry, Physics, Maths - see DCU BSC in Science Education - a Teaching Council acredited qualification www.dcu.ie/dc203
- HPat Seminars given by Career Services in Sept for students & parents - an overview - Tues 18th Sept. Cork Airport Hotel 7.30pm Book now https://careerservices.ie/free-hpat-seminar
- CAO Change of Mind Supplement in the Irish Times on Wednesday 16th May
- For 3rd Yr Students - going into TYr 2018/19
- Work Experience - on Homepage of CareersPortal go to School Students, go to Transition Year, go to top right Work Experience - Community Supported Schools Programme, go to Search All on the left for Work Placements in all Career Areas.
- Work Experience - once you have your Reach+ log-in details, go to the TYr Work Experience App - Search Placements.
- 'Look into Law' - 5 day Work Experience with The Bar of Ireland, Dublin 4-8th February 2019. Apply to Ms. O'Regan Read about it on https://www.lawlibrary.ie/TYProgramme
- UCC BIS Business Information Systems - see 2018 Anthology - displays creative & innovative thinking, good communication & interpersonal skills https://www.cubsucc.com
- NUIGalway - Sports Scholarships - see brochure. Performance Points -up to 40 CAO points. Elite Athlete Scholarship - excell in chosen sport. Apply by 31st July.
- ITTralee Pharnacy Technician Program - new course, two years, Level 6, combines academic knowledge & real world training in a pharmacy environment.
- ITTralee -Science Courses - Wildlife Biology, Vedterinary Bioscience, Agricultural Science, Pharmaceutical Science.
- Apprenticeship Services, CETB, Cork Training Centre, Rossa Ave., Bishopstown, Cork - complete Notification of Interest in Apprenticeship Form and return.
- Limerick IT - Computer Games Design & Development, Software Design & Devlopment - Free Computing Explore Day Fri. 4th May 15.30-18.30 www.LIT.ie/explore
- Limerick IT 'Spotlight' - news bulletin - news & events at LIT
- Hairdressing Practical & Theory Course, Clonakilty College of Further Education www.clonakiltycc.ie - full time one year course, 3 days in college, 2 days work experience in a salon.
- Cork College of Commerce West Cork Campus - Fri May 7th End of Year Exhibition of Work - Art, Craft & Design, Creative Craft - O'Driscoll Building, Skibbereen 7pm.
- Griffith College - see new brochure. Cork city centre campus. (Note - fee paying)
- 5th Yr - UCC Spring Open Day 17th May.
- 4th & 5th Yr - UCC Summer School - 11-15th June - College of Arts, Celtic Studies, Social Sciences - free taster lectures across all subject areas. https://www.ucc.ie/en/cacsss/ss2018/
- 4th & 5th Yr - Maynooth University Computer Science Summer Camp 25th June-13th July. www.maynoothuniversity.ie/computer-science/summer-camps
- www.medicalpoland.ie Medicine, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Dentistry, Veterinary - Study in Poland, in English
- Keep Active to Beat Exam Stress - handout - article from Irish Times 18.04.18
- CIT CAO Applicant Information Evening Tues 2nd May 6-8pm Students & parents Welcome.
- DCU BA in Social Sciences and Cultural Innovation - designed to equip students for the dynamic nature of the 21st Century, in particular in the disciplines of Culture, Media & Politics. - Culture, migration & diverse societies; Media, society & the Digital world; Politics, Power and Internationalisation.
- RACE Racing Academy & Centre of Education - Kildare, 42, week residential Trainee Jockey Course, Open Day Tues 8th May https://racingacademy.ie/cms/trainee-jockey/
- Forestry Careers - See www.careersportal.ie Home Page - Career Sectors - Living Environment
- Irish Seafood Sector - https://careersnews.ie/jobs-in-the-irish-seafood-sector/
- Irish Defence Forces Recruitment www.military.ie/en/careers
- Air Coprs Apprentice Technician www.military.ie/careers/air-corps/trainee-technician
- Aircraft Mechanic Apprenticeship with Dublin Aerospace www.dublinaerospace.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/2018-Information-On-Aircraft-Mechanic-Apprenticeship-1.pdf
- Intel Women in Technology Scholarship now open - €3000 per year of studies. https://www.intel.ie/content/www/ie/en/women-in-technology-scholarship-program-leixlip.html
- CAO Dates
- 4th May Change of Mind opens (free)
- 25th June HEAR/DARE Application results
- End May - Statement of Application Record sent to all -check very carefully
- 1st July Change of Mind closes
- 15th August (Wed) Leaving Cert Results
- 20th August (Mon) CAO Round 1 offers
- 31st August CAO Round 2 Offers
- www.apprenticeship.ie (Solas) and www.imda.ie (Irish MedTech Association)
- MedTech Apprenticeships Galway/Mayo
- Polymer Apprenticeships Athlone/Sligo
- Manufacturing Engineer/Technician Apprenticeship
- For T Yr students - please make sure you have looked carefully at all of the following Reach+ Aps. Make sure any exercises in those Aps are completed.
- Guidance Interview
- Colour Blind Test
- College Open Days
- What Inspires me
- Career Explorer - Job sectors
- Interest Profiler CPIP
- Subject Choice
- CAO App - see www.cao.ie
- Multiple Intelligences
- Points Calculator
- Exam Targets
- Work Experience
- College Summer Camps - for 4th, 5th, 6th Yr students - June. Check the college websites for details - UL Science & Engineering, UL Nursing & Midwifery, NUI Galway Summer School, UCD Summer School
- Check all the College websites for Spring Open Days
- International Financial Services Apprenticeships www.ifsapprenticeships.ie
- Apprenticeships offer an alternative route to 3rd Level qualifications.
- Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship
- 4, 5 & 6 Years - UCC Electrical & Electronic Engineering Open Day Thursday 22nd March 10.15-12.45 or 2-4pm (Honours Maths is needed for Level 8 UCC, but similar courses are available at Level 7 in Institutes of Technologies) www.ucc.ie/eleceng See poster.
- NUI Galway NUIG Spring Open Day Sat. 24th March 9-3pm. See extensive programme of events in file - 9am-3pm
- Naughton Scholarships 2018 - Engineering, science & technology - awarded for academic excellence, community involvement & other achievements. One scholarship per county and 5 others. See www.thenaughtonfoundation.ie Apply on line by Fri 18th May - involves a personal statement. €5,000 for each year of 3rd Level course.
- UCD Bord na Gaeilge - Irish Language Student Residence Scheme Scholarships www.ucd.ie/bnag. Student accomodation in an Irish speaking block - teach na Gaeilge.
- College of Beauty Therapy, Ballincollig COCO. www.coco.ie Fee paying.
- Apprenticeships - Cork Training Centre - www.fetchcourses.ie - anyone interested in an apprenticeship can already fill in a 'Notification of Interest' form and submit it to SOLAS in Cork. See details in file.
- Atlantic Aviation Group Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Apprenticeship - open for applications on March 28th. Based in Shannon & DIT, Bolton St., Dublin.
- Winthrop Engineering - Electrical Apprenticeships - CUH Cork www.winthrop.ie
- Dutch Gateways to Employment - Dutch Applied Universities (EUNiCAS) - 11th April Cork, taking applications up to July/Aug. - see registration for event details in file.
- OMG I'm going to be a doctor or a vet - 19th April, Dublin - representatives Universities in Poland, Hungary, Spain - See registration for event details in file.
- Maynooth University Free Law Taster Day Sat. 10th March. https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/law/events/law-taster-day-march-10th-2018 Spring Open Day Sat 28th April. See website for Scholarship details - new Music Scholarship.
- Bus Éireann Apprenticeship Recruitment Programme. See Brochure in Downloads - closing date 24th March 2018 & extra Page with details
- www.cao.ie - Student Resources - check Alert Lists regularly.
- Primary Teaching from 2019 - note for 5th Year students -Irish requirement increased from H5 to H4, Maths from O6/H7 to O4/H7, English from O6/H7 to O4/H7.
- Kinsale College of Further Education PLC Open Day Fri. 23rd March
- Medical Poland Open Day Sat. March 10th Coláiste Mhuire, Ratoath Rd., Dublin 7 11am - Medicine, Physiotherapy, Pharmacy, Veterinary, Dentistry www.medicalpoland.ie
- Clonakilty Agriculture College Teagasc (Darara) Open Day Fri 9th March 11-13.00. Careers Open Day - Presentation on courses by staff & former students. See extensive teaching facilites & farm.
- DCU Access Entry Route - Subsidised accommodation & reduced point entry. http://dcu.ie/access/dcu-access-entry-route.shtml Apply by 27.04.18. See booklet.
- NUI Galway Spring Open Day Sat. 24th March. Summer Schools in Business, Computing/IT, Engineering, Law & Science. www.nuigalway.ie/summer-schools Taster Days for Arts 25th & 27th April - book with Katherine.McManus@nuigalway.ie
- Apprenticeships at GSK, in Carrigaline - Mechanical Automation & Maintenance Fitting (MAMF) and Electrical & Instrumentation Apprentices. 4 yrs on the job training with one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies. 5 LC subjects, one of Physics, Chemistry, Ag. Science, DCG, Engineering. Previous work experience an advantage. Apply before 19th March http://ie.gsk.com/ie/careers/apprenticeships.engineering-apprenticeship/ Visit GSK & meet current apprentices during 'Engineer's Week Ireland' - information session - book by e-mail email@example.com asap. See leaflet in Careers File.