Are you aged 16-24 and living in Dublin? Would you like to find out more about apprenticeships?
Applications are now open for TU Dublin's Access to Apprenticeship Programme.
The programme is aimed at young men and women aged 16 to 24 living in Dublin who experience social and economic barriers.
The Programme provides an opportunity for young people to;
- Sample a range of apprenticeships in; Construction, Engineering, Electrical, Motor and Aviation industries
- Prepare their CV and interview skills
- Undertake two weeks work experience
- Health & Safety and Safe Pass Certificate
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Aged 16 – 24
- Minimum of grade D in 5 subjects in the Junior Certificate or equivalent
- Satisfying Access criteria
Overview of Programme Structure
Week 1 – Induction and Health and Safety Training
- Health and Safety Training – Manual Handling & Emergency Response
- Safe Pass Training Course and Certification Provided
Weeks 2 – 10
Mon/Tues/Thursday (9am – 5pm)
Skills Sampling - Workshops and Lectures
Wednesday (9am – 5pm)
Mornings - Personal Development
Afternoons – E-Portfolio Development with Apprenticeship Lecturers
Weeks 11 – 12
Work Experience with SOLAS Registered Employers
The closing date for applications is Wednesday the 31st of July, 2019.
It is recommended that applicants start the process as soon as possible as it could take some time to get the required documentation together. Once applications are completed please send them to;
Therese Fitzgerald, Programme Officer Access to Apprenticeship, TU Dublin Bolton St
(Formerly DIT Bolton St), Dublin 1, D01 K822.
Or they can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in applying for the January 2020 programme or other future Access to Apprenticeship programmes, please complete this expression of interest form.
Click here to learn more about Apprenticeships.