In Summary - Social Media Specialist
Specialises in the use of online media marketing to attract and interact with audiences and potential customers.
Social Media Specialists typically work in the following Career Sectors:
Videos on the Web
- Social Media Specialist- from: Youtube Search
The Work - Social Media Specialist
The primary function of a Social Media Specialist is to drive traffic to websites and devices to enhance the visibility of a brand, a product, a service or even a person. They do this by:
- Devising Social Media campaigns
- Promoting content using strategies such as advertising, link-building, guest posting, and sharing
- Use of social analytics to identify existing audience deomgraphics and grow the company's client base
- Engaging and interacting with clients
- Use of blended marketing approaches to media outreach
- Developing relationships with key influencers and target audiences
In-house Social Media Specialist positions are typically sought by larger companies, such as advertising agencies, newspapers and media agencies that have large budgets, volumes of information, lots of resources, and various communities.
A Social Media Specialist may also be self-employed, working remotely and providing specialist services to smaller companies and businesses.
In many small businesses, the social media function is simply part of the job role of a member of staff.
Skills required for the SM Specialist role include:
- Knowledge of Marketing, Management, Branding, and Content Development
- Familiarity with web analytics systems, business analytics, and social metrics
- Familiarity with the different systems of advertising campaigns and paid promotion throughout various social media platforms
- Knowledge of various ROI analysis systems, conversions, and social media KPIs
- The different techniques for developing strategies such as Search Engine Marketing and Search Engine Optimisation
- Knowledge of techniques and methods to guide research
- Photoshop, Text Editors, Power Point, and Excel skills
- HTML, site development and blogging experience
Excellent written and oral communication skills are also required for this role.
Interests - Social Media Specialist
This occupation is typically suited for people with the following Career Interests:
The Social person's interests focus on interacting with the people in their environment. In all cases, the Social person enjoys the personal contact with other people in preference to the impersonal dealings with things, data and ideas found in other groups.
Many will seek out positions where there is direct contact with the public in some advisory role, whether a receptionist or a counsellor. Social people are motivated by an interest in different types of people and like diversity in their work environments. Many are drawn towards careers in the caring professions and social welfare area, whilst others prefer teaching and other 'informing' roles.
Enterprising people like situations that involve using resources for personal or corporate economic gain. Such people may have an opportunistic frame of mind, and are drawn to commerce, trade and making deals. Some pursue sales and marketing occupations. Many will eventually end up owning their own business, or in management roles in larger organisations. They tend to be very goal-oriented and work best when focused on a target. Some have an entrepreneurial inclination.
Administrative people are interested in work that offers security and a sense of being part of a larger process. They may be at their most productive under supervisors who give clear guidelines and while performing routine tasks in a methodical and reliable way.
They tend to enjoy clerical and most forms of office work, where they perform essential administrative duties. They often form the backbone of large and small organisations alike. They may enjoy being in charge of office filing systems, and using computers and other office equipment to keep things running smoothly. They usually like routine work hours and prefer comfortable indoor workplaces.
- Be passionate about the work
- Strong Analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively on and off-line with all communities - users, customers, and various departments
- Ability to sell an idea or strategy
- Strong organisational skills
- Adaptability: must be on the community’s side one minute and in another minute have to think like the CEO
- Observant in detecting threats, opportunities, and trends
- Discretion and good judgment in analysing and reacting to comments, feedback, crisis situations, and selecting or curing content
- Proactive, efficient and independent
- Empathic: know the characteristics of the users and have the ability to understand what they need and their point of view in order to engage in conversation one by one
Entry Requirements - Social Media Specialist
An undergraduate degree (Level 8) in an area such as Marketing, PR, Communications, Journalism or courses in business administration, management, creative and technical writing, economics, political science, public affairs, accounting, finance, public speaking, mathematics, statistics - all would be beneficial.
Larger employers will also seek extensive background experience in a PR, Marketing and/or IT environment and a professional qualification such as an MBA.
Last Updated: May, 2015
Pay & Salary - Social Media Specialist
Salary Range (thousands per year)* 19k - 50k
Last Updated: March, 2017
* The lower figures typically reflect starting salaries. Higher salaries are awarded to those with greater experience and responsibility. Positions in Dublin sometimes command higher salaries.