In Summary - Construction Site Manager/Site Agent
Construction Site Manager/Site Agents typically work in the following Career Sectors:
Videos on the Web
- Construction Site Manager/Site Agent- from: Youtube Search
The Work - Construction Site Manager/Site Agent
Day to day, construction site managers would take on a wide range of responsibilities. Their core tasks include solving problems that occur I work on site. They would supervise the personnel involved in the work, providing direction and coordination, especially when multiple sub-contractors are involved. They would deal with developers, architects and engineers, keeping them updated on progress and implementing their directions.
Most commonly reported Work Tasks
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Plan, schedule, or coordinate construction project activities to meet deadlines.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, or other regulations.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with environmental regulations.
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper construction procedures are being followed.
- Prepare contracts or negotiate revisions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, or subcontractors.
- Develop or implement quality control programs.
Most commonly reported Work Activities
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Scheduling Work and Activities Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
- Getting Information Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Interacting With Computers Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Developing and Building Teams Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Communicating with Persons Outside Organization Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
Interests - Construction Site Manager/Site Agent
This occupation is typically suited for people with the following Career Interests:
Realists are usually interested in 'things' - such as buildings, mechanics, equipment, tools, electronics etc. Their primary focus is dealing with these - as in building, fixing, operating or designing them. Involvement in these areas leads to high manual skills, or a fine aptitude for practical design - as found in the various forms of engineering.
Realists like to find practical solutions to problems using tools, technology and skilled work. Realists usually prefer to be active in their work environment, often do most of their work alone, and enjoy taking decisive action with a minimum amount of discussion and paperwork.
Not surprisingly, some aspect of the natural sciences will run through the Naturalist's interests - from ecological awareness to nutrition and health. People with an interest in horticulture, land usage and farming (including fish) are Naturalists.
Some Naturalists focus on animals rather than plants, and may enjoy working with, training, caring for, or simply herding them. Other Naturalists will prefer working with the end result of nature's produce - the food produced from plants and animals. Naturalists like solving problems with solutions that show some sensitivity to the environmental impact of what they do. They like to see practical results and prefer action to talking and discussing.
Enterprising people like situations that involve using resources for personal or corporate economic gain. Such people may have an opportunistic frame of mind, and are drawn to commerce, trade and making deals. Some pursue sales and marketing occupations. Many will eventually end up owning their own business, or in management roles in larger organisations. They tend to be very goal-oriented and work best when focused on a target. Some have an entrepreneurial inclination.
As a Construction Site Managers/Site Agent you will need good communication skills and you must be able to work in, and lead, a team. You must be able to work under pressure, make decisions, solve problems and have an eye for detail. You must be able to delegate and give orders. You will need a high level of technical knowledge and experience of the day to day operations of constructions sites.
You will need excellent organisation skills, as you will need to coordinate with developers, architects and engineers to ensure the construction project proceeds to schedule.
Entry Requirements - Construction Site Manager/Site Agent
Construction Site Managers would often have a qualification in a relevant field, either a specific construction management qualification or one in engineering or another construction related topic.
Last Updated: February, 2018
Pay & Salary - Construction Site Manager/Site Agent
Salary Range (thousands per year)* 50k - 85k
Dublin: 60,000 - 85,000
Regional: 60,000 - 80,000
Dublin:45,000 - 60,000
Regional:45,000 - 55,000
Dublin:50,000 - 65,000
Regional:50,000 - 55,000
Last Updated: January, 2019
* The lower figures typically reflect starting salaries. Higher salaries are awarded to those with greater experience and responsibility. Positions in Dublin sometimes command higher salaries.