In Summary - App Developer - Android /iOS
App Developer - Android /iOSs typically work in the following Career Sectors:
Videos on the Web
- App Developer - Android /iOS- from: Youtube Search
The Work - App Developer - Android /iOS
Most commonly reported Work Tasks
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
- Supervise the work of programmers, technologists and technicians and other engineering and scientific personnel.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
Most commonly reported Work Activities
- Interacting With Computers Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Thinking Creatively Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Getting Information Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Analyzing Data or Information Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Processing Information Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
Interests - App Developer - Android /iOS
This occupation is typically suited for people with the following Career Interests:
Creative people are drawn to careers and activities that enable them to take responsibility for the design, layout or sensory impact of something (visual, auditory etc). They may be atrracted to the traditional artistic pursuits such as painting, sculpture, singing, or music. Or they may show more interest in design activities, such as architecture, animation, or craft areas, such as pottery and ceramics.
Creative people use their personal understanding of people and the world they live in to guide their work. Creative people like to work in unstructured workplaces, enjoy taking risks and prefer a minimum of routine.
The Investigative person will usually find a particular area of science to be of interest. They are inclined toward intellectual and analytical activities and enjoy observation and theory. They may prefer thought to action, and enjoy the challenge of solving problems with sophiscticated technology. These types prefer mentally stimulating environments and often pay close attention to developments in their chosen field.
Administrative people are interested in work that offers security and a sense of being part of a larger process. They may be at their most productive under supervisors who give clear guidelines and while performing routine tasks in a methodical and reliable way.
They tend to enjoy clerical and most forms of office work, where they perform essential administrative duties. They often form the backbone of large and small organisations alike. They may enjoy being in charge of office filing systems, and using computers and other office equipment to keep things running smoothly. They usually like routine work hours and prefer comfortable indoor workplaces.
Entry Requirements - App Developer - Android /iOS
App developers have many exciting career and job opportunities open to them, but here is no one single way to become an App Developer and get into this ever expanding area.
Common steps include a Degree in Computer Science or Software engineering - these are a very strong foundation. There are also specialised courses you can take that are specifically geared toward mobile app development [see Smart Futures] .
Having certification in different aspects of development will make your case stronger to employers who are hiring, but the best way to prove you can build something is to actually do it! Building an app requires a well-rounded IT skillset, including UI design, familiarity with a range of programming languages, backend computing knowledge and, some savvy business knowledge, especially if you want to go it alone as an App Developer.
Last Updated: October, 2014
Pay & Salary - App Developer - Android /iOS
Salary Range (thousands per year)* 23k - 75k
Brightwater / Morgan McKinley / Sigmar
Last Updated: March, 2017
* The lower figures typically reflect starting salaries. Higher salaries are awarded to those with greater experience and responsibility. Positions in Dublin sometimes command higher salaries.
Labour Market Updates - App Developer - Android /iOS
Employers are frequently citing these occupations as difficult to fill although the demand is likely to be small in number given the size of the employment stock. Demand is mostly for roles requiring sector- specific experience (e.g. medium-high, high-tech and food/beverage manufacturing.
National Skills Bulletin 2018
Useful Contacts - App Developer - Android /iOS
- Discover Science & Engineering, Wilton Park House, Wilton Place, Dublin, 2
- Click Here