In Summary - Fundraiser
The Work - Fundraiser
Most commonly reported Work Tasks
- Attend community events, meetings, or conferences to promote organizational goals or solicit donations or sponsorships.
- Contact corporate representatives, government officials, or community leaders to increase awareness of organizational causes, activities, or needs.
- Create or update donor databases.
- Design or produce materials such as posters, Web sites, or newsletters to promote, market, or advertise fundraising events.
- Develop corporate fundraising programs, such as employer gift-matching.
- Develop fundraising activity plans that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs.
- Develop or implement fundraising activities, such as annual giving campaigns or direct mail programs.
- Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
- Direct or coordinate web-based fundraising activities, such as online auctions or donation Web sites.
- Direct or supervise fundraising staff, including volunteer staff members.
Interests - Fundraiser
This occupation is typically suited for people with the following Career Interests:
Enterprising people like situations that involve using resources for personal or corporate economic gain. Such people may have an opportunistic frame of mind, and are drawn to commerce, trade and making deals. Some pursue sales and marketing occupations. Many will eventually end up owning their own business, or in management roles in larger organisations. They tend to be very goal-oriented and work best when focused on a target. Some have an entrepreneurial inclination.
The Social person's interests focus on interacting with the people in their environment. In all cases, the Social person enjoys the personal contact with other people in preference to the impersonal dealings with things, data and ideas found in other groups.
Many will seek out positions where there is direct contact with the public in some advisory role, whether a receptionist or a counsellor. Social people are motivated by an interest in different types of people and like diversity in their work environments. Many are drawn towards careers in the caring professions and social welfare area, whilst others prefer teaching and other 'informing' roles.
Administrative people are interested in work that offers security and a sense of being part of a larger process. They may be at their most productive under supervisors who give clear guidelines and while performing routine tasks in a methodical and reliable way.
They tend to enjoy clerical and most forms of office work, where they perform essential administrative duties. They often form the backbone of large and small organisations alike. They may enjoy being in charge of office filing systems, and using computers and other office equipment to keep things running smoothly. They usually like routine work hours and prefer comfortable indoor workplaces.
Entry Requirements - Fundraiser
Pay & Salary - Fundraiser
Salary Range (thousands per year)* 28k - 70k
Manager: 45 - 70
Executive: 28 - 45
Last Updated: April, 2015
* The lower figures typically reflect starting salaries. Higher salaries are awarded to those with greater experience and responsibility. Positions in Dublin sometimes command higher salaries.