In Summary - Personal Trainer
Personal Trainers typically work in the following Career Sectors:
Videos on the Web
- Personal Trainer- from: Youtube Search
The Work - Personal Trainer
Most commonly reported Work Tasks
- Conduct needs assessments or surveys to determine interest in, or satisfaction with, wellness and fitness programs, events, or services.
- Conduct or facilitate training sessions or seminars for wellness and fitness staff.
- Demonstrate proper operation of fitness equipment, such as resistance machines, cardio machines, free weights, or fitness assessment devices.
- Develop fitness or wellness classes, such as yoga, aerobics, strength training, or aquatics, ensuring a diversity of class offerings.
- Develop marketing campaigns to promote a healthy lifestyle or participation in fitness or wellness programs.
- Develop or coordinate fitness and wellness programs or services.
- Interpret insurance data or Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) data to develop programs that address specific needs of target populations.
- Maintain or arrange for maintenance of fitness equipment or facilities.
- Maintain wellness- and fitness-related schedules, records, or reports.
- Manage or oversee fitness or recreation facilities, ensuring safe and clean facilities and equipment.
Interests - Personal Trainer
This occupation is typically suited for people with the following Career Interests:
Realists are usually interested in 'things' - such as buildings, mechanics, equipment, tools, electronics etc. Their primary focus is dealing with these - as in building, fixing, operating or designing them. Involvement in these areas leads to high manual skills, or a fine aptitude for practical design - as found in the various forms of engineering.
Realists like to find practical solutions to problems using tools, technology and skilled work. Realists usually prefer to be active in their work environment, often do most of their work alone, and enjoy taking decisive action with a minimum amount of discussion and paperwork.
The Social person's interests focus on interacting with the people in their environment. In all cases, the Social person enjoys the personal contact with other people in preference to the impersonal dealings with things, data and ideas found in other groups.
Many will seek out positions where there is direct contact with the public in some advisory role, whether a receptionist or a counsellor. Social people are motivated by an interest in different types of people and like diversity in their work environments. Many are drawn towards careers in the caring professions and social welfare area, whilst others prefer teaching and other 'informing' roles.
The Investigative person will usually find a particular area of science to be of interest. They are inclined toward intellectual and analytical activities and enjoy observation and theory. They may prefer thought to action, and enjoy the challenge of solving problems with sophiscticated technology. These types prefer mentally stimulating environments and often pay close attention to developments in their chosen field.
Entry Requirements - Personal Trainer
Pay & Salary - Personal Trainer
Salary Range (thousands per year)* 18k - 28k
Last Updated: March, 2017
* The lower figures typically reflect starting salaries. Higher salaries are awarded to those with greater experience and responsibility. Positions in Dublin sometimes command higher salaries.