In Summary - IT Team Leader
Videos on the Web
- IT Team Leader- from: Youtube Search
The Work - IT Team Leader
Most commonly reported Work Tasks
- Review project plans to plan and coordinate project activity.
- Manage backup, security and user help systems.
- Develop and interpret organizational goals, policies, and procedures.
- Develop computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery.
- Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
- Stay abreast of advances in technology.
- Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Provide users with technical support for computer problems.
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise staff, or participate in staffing decisions.
- Evaluate data processing proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements.
Most commonly reported Work Activities
- Interacting With Computers Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Getting Information Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Thinking Creatively Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Developing and Building Teams Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others Translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used.
Interests - IT Team Leader
This occupation is typically suited for people with the following Career Interests:
The Social person's interests focus on interacting with the people in their environment. In all cases, the Social person enjoys the personal contact with other people in preference to the impersonal dealings with things, data and ideas found in other groups.
Many will seek out positions where there is direct contact with the public in some advisory role, whether a receptionist or a counsellor. Social people are motivated by an interest in different types of people and like diversity in their work environments. Many are drawn towards careers in the caring professions and social welfare area, whilst others prefer teaching and other 'informing' roles.
Enterprising people like situations that involve using resources for personal or corporate economic gain. Such people may have an opportunistic frame of mind, and are drawn to commerce, trade and making deals. Some pursue sales and marketing occupations. Many will eventually end up owning their own business, or in management roles in larger organisations. They tend to be very goal-oriented and work best when focused on a target. Some have an entrepreneurial inclination.
The Investigative person will usually find a particular area of science to be of interest. They are inclined toward intellectual and analytical activities and enjoy observation and theory. They may prefer thought to action, and enjoy the challenge of solving problems with sophiscticated technology. These types prefer mentally stimulating environments and often pay close attention to developments in their chosen field.
Entry Requirements - IT Team Leader
Pay & Salary - IT Team Leader
Salary Range (thousands per year)* 60k - 78k
Last Updated: July, 2015
* The lower figures typically reflect starting salaries. Higher salaries are awarded to those with greater experience and responsibility. Positions in Dublin sometimes command higher salaries.
Labour Market Updates - IT Team Leader
Employment growth in this occupation is in line with the national average. Demand relates primarily to those with a third level qualification, with experience a key contributory factor in emerging shortages.
National Skills Bulletin 2018