A structured programme of study that offers you a broad management education while also enabling you to specialise in a subject are of special interest to you (Human Resources/ Strategic Management / Employment Law / Corporate Social Responsibility / Innovation / Corporate Finance /Marketing.
Language electives and international modules are also offered to students along with the option to undertake an Erasmus placement in Year Three.
This course prepares you for working in the Career Sectors below. Follow the links to get a fuller understanding of the sectors you are preparing for.
QQI FET/FETAC Links
PLC courses leading to the following QQI Major Awards may be used for entry into this course.
Search for PLC Courses offering these awards
(Click on the Codes)
|Note: Information for 2019 Entry|
|Old Code||New Code||Award Title|
Points Calculator for QQI Awards:
Details of the QQI scoring system and a points calculator can be found HERE
The Student - Career Interests
This course is typically suited for people with the following Career Interests. If these interests do not describe you, this course may prepare you for work you may not find satisfying.
Enterprising people like situations that involve using resources for personal or corporate economic gain. Such people may have an opportunistic frame of mind, and are drawn to commerce, trade and making deals. Some pursue sales and marketing occupations. Many will eventually end up owning their own business, or in management roles in larger organisations. They tend to be very goal-oriented and work best when focused on a target. Some have an entrepreneurial inclination.
Administrative people are interested in work that offers security and a sense of being part of a larger process. They may be at their most productive under supervisors who give clear guidelines and while performing routine tasks in a methodical and reliable way.
They tend to enjoy clerical and most forms of office work, where they perform essential administrative duties. They often form the backbone of large and small organisations alike. They may enjoy being in charge of office filing systems, and using computers and other office equipment to keep things running smoothly. They usually like routine work hours and prefer comfortable indoor workplaces.
The Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Management in ITT enables Graduates to either progress straight into industry, or into more specialised areas through postgraduate study or research.
Our BBS (Hons) Management graduates:
- work across a wide range of industry sectors in leading organisations such as: Google, Citibank, Coca Cola, The Quelly Group, The Bewleys Group, Nandos, IBEC, Bank of Ireland.
- have successfully set up and manage their own businesses in a variety of different sectors
- work in a broad spectrum of roles / careers including: Management/Administration, Finance/Investment/Banking, Retail, Sales, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Tourism, Strategy/Research, Supply Chain Management.
- have progressed on to qualify as secondary school teachers - A Level 8 Bachelor of Business in Management degree entitles you to apply for a place on the Professional Master of Education (PME) which is a two year Secondary Teacher Education qualification offered by all NUI’s, Trinity College, DCU, University of Limerick and Hibernia College.
- Graduates who have attained the required honours standard are eligible for postgraduate study in all third level institutions in Ireland and abroad. Popular Masters and postgraduate choices of ITT BBS (Hons) Management graduates are: Strategic Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Human Resources, Social Media, Civic engagement, Management for the Not for Profit Sector, Health Sector Management.