BioPharmaChem Ireland is the biopharma, pharma and chemical sector association of Ibec.
Representing our multinational and indigenous members, we ensure Ireland remains the global centre of excellence for innovation and development. The sector is a strong contributor to the Irish economy. Recent capital investment of over €3 billion from global biotech companies has cemented Ireland as a leading location for the development and manufacture of biopharmaceuticals.
Our Vision is that Ireland will continue to enhance its reputation as a recognised centre of excellence for innovation and development in pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and chemical supply, thereby remaining the location of choice for the launch of new products.
Our Mission is to influence, support and represent the sector in realising its ambition by bringing together all relevant stakeholders in the State, namely: industry, the government, the research community and the public at large, to effectively communicate the unique attractiveness of Ireland as a leading location for the supply and development of pharmaceutical products.
Why work in the PharmaChemical industry?
The pharmaceutical industry is about discovering, developing, manufacturing and promoting medicines to improve people’s health and quality of life. This is a long process taking over 20 years from discovery to prescription involving a wide range of skills and talents from many individuals. There are many reasons to work in the pharmaceutical industry:
- The pharmaceutical and chemical industry is a strong and vibrant sector.
- The industry is highly advanced, continuously investing in the latest technology and state of the art equipment.
- It’s a very sociable environment and many companies promote sports and social activities and charity events.
- PharmaChemical Companies are committed to supporting education in the community. Many links with local schools, to help promote science and encourage young people to further their education.
- The industry offers great career opportunities for employees. With the majority of the big multinational companies based in Ireland, Irish graduates have the unique opportunity to gain multinational experience right on their own door step.
- Statistics from the CSO show that workers in the PharmaChemical industry earn on average almost 30% more than the national average.
- By working in the industry, an individual can use their talents and experience in an industry that creates opportunities to save and improve people lives around the world.