Featured Advice
What are your interests?



The Linguistic's interests are usually focused on ideas and information exchange. They tend to like reading a lot, and enjoy discussion about what has been said. Some will want to write about their own ideas and may follow a path towards journalism, story writing or editing. Others will develop skills in other languages, perhaps finding work as a translator or interpreter. Most Linguistic types will enjoy the opportunity to teach or instruct people in a topic they are interested in.

Careers Advice

Careers Advice

What advice do you have for school leavers?

Tax Technician Qualification - Typical Route for School Leavers

You must hold a Level 5 qualification (Leaving Certificate) to enrol on the Tax Technician course, therefore you could start this course once you have finished your Leaving Cert.

Make sure to check out www.careerintax.ie

What advice do you have for graduates?

Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) Qualification - Typical Route for Graduates

Graduates from all backgrounds can register for the Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) qualification.

Applicants must hold, at a minimum, an undergraduate degree at honours level (Level 8). Candidates who do not hold an honours degree or equivalent may be considered on a case-by case basis, through the recognition of work based learning.

It is not necessary to have studied business or legal disciplines before undertaking the CTA qualification. Engineers, scientists and teachers have become highly successful tax advisers. However, if candidates have studied law, accounting or tax previously, they may benefit from exemptions. Exemptions are not subject to time limits.

Make sure to check out www.careerintax.ie to view profiles of those currently working in exciting tax roles in Ireland and abroad!

What advice do you have for career changers?

NEW Diploma in Tax Qualification

If you are an accountant in industry or practice, or a finance professional looking to move to a role where you will encounter tax issues, then this qualification is ideal for developing and building your tax knowledge.

Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) Qualification

If you are considering a career change, then you should consider complementing any existing qualification you have with the Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) qualification. This qualification will give you an immediate career advantage and is highly sought after by employers.

Many accountants and those in the legal sector go on to pursue this qualification and have become part of the growing group of tax professionals in Ireland and abroad.

Depending on your existing qualifications, you may be entitled to some exemptions (see pages 12 - 16 of the Student Handbook).

What advice do you have for those wishing to go back to work?

Irrespective of how long you have been out of work, once you have decided that you are interested in a career in tax, you can still successfully qualify with our Tax TechnicianChartered Tax Adviser (CTA) or our Diploma in Tax qualifications.