ECO-UNESCO is Ireland's Environmental Education and Youth Organisation affiliated to the World Federation of UNESCO Clubs, Centres and Associations.
Our Aims are:
- to raise environmental awareness, understanding and knowledge of the environment among young people
- to promote the protection and conservation of the environment
- to promote the personal development of young people through practical environmental projects and activities
- to promote the ideals of UNESCO
ECO-UNESCO provides a wide range of programmes and services, which include:
Environmental Youth Programmes including Environmental Events and Activities, Environmental Workshops, ECO-UNESCO Clubs, ECO-Youth Choices Programme and Youth for Sustainable Development Programme.
Young Environmentalist Awards Programme honours the work of young people between the ages of 12 and 18 who protect, conserve and enhance our environment through local environmental projects, making a difference to their lives and the lives of others locally and globally.
Training Programmes, which include One-Day Training Courses, QQI accredited courses (Level 5/6 Sustainable Development) and a Drugs Prevention and Awareness Programme (ECO-Choices).
We are currently running a number of programmes with young people and we need some volunteers to get involved!
- Are you self-motivated, energetic and creative
- Have an ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Interest in the environment
- Excellent organisational skills
As well as working on youth programes and camps there are also opportunities to carry out office administration duties.
How to Apply
You must be logged on to apply for this position. Click here to Login or SignUp